Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: India vs England test series in India best side

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8

    India vs England test series in India best side

    I'm usually very irritated when people go on about how England are better than India at test cricket, when the fact is, they are clearly not.

    The only reason India lost was due to ridiculous amounts of injuries and England purposefully setting up the pitches so that the Indian Batsman were completely Bamboozled.

    Lets say on the dust bowls of Chennai, who do you think will win a 5 match series?

    I'd say 4-0, maybe 3-0 india. First of all, theres no way in hell that Englands bowling attack would bowl out a lineup of:

    Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxmann, Dhoni not to mention the bowlers who are all more than capable of batting. Broad and Anderson are the most overrated bowlers of the century, only rated because they play for the Poms. In India, Broads bouncers would be useless and Anderson would be useless aswell as proved in the past. Tremlett is just an awful bowler full stop and Bresnan is only good on English pitches. As proved in England, all the Indian batsman have the measure of Swann and all of England's remaining spinners are rubbish.

    Next off, none of Englands batsman are actually any good. Strauss is old, Cook has no technique whatsoever and hes just your run of the mill block/runner with some decent mental strength. Trott is just a boring player who again is like Cook, no technique whatsoever. Pieterson IMO is rubbish at tests as his average shows. He just hits them too much and goes out for low scores as his strike rate is too high. He was only good in England, again due to the conditions. Bell is a decent hitter but cant be relied on and Morgan/Bopara are just awful players full stop. Prior is a decent keeper but again a very average batsman. When you got players like Sharma, Sreesanth and Kumar bowling them rippers at you full speed none of the batsman will be able to cope and if Zaheer is fit he would absolutely destroy that batting attack of his own. It won't be a brownwash because the conditions usually support the batsman and england MAY be able to carve out a draw.

    The pitches suit spinners and we have the best spinner in the world by a country mile (H Singh) and the 2nd best (Mishra).

    Just because of one fluke result all the poms are saying they're good is really annoying me. They're not and they'll get destroyed if they played even a half fit India team in India.
    Last edited by Indiaregulator; 22-10-2011 at 03:45 PM.

  2. #2
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    13,082
    Jesus.

    I hope this is a multi because that is quite possibly the worst post I've read all month.

  3. #3
    U19 Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Jesus.

    I hope this is a multi because that is quite possibly the worst post I've read all month.
    full stop

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8
    Wow, so two poms already who are blindly supporting their team without having any knowledge of cricket.


  5. #5
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    13,082
    I'm an Indian supporter, and I am pretty ****ing sure this is a multi/trolling.
    Last edited by Daemon; 22-10-2011 at 03:50 PM.

  6. #6
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    Wow, so two poms already who are blindly supporting their team without having any knowledge of cricket.
    Actually mate, I'm a neutral supporter who watched that series closely, and India looked old and washed up. They had their swollen heads handed to them.

    And as a neutral, I can say it is one of the worst posts I've read here in a long time.

    Honestly, India couldn't cope at all with the ball moving and bouncing, and you're saying the England players have no technique? Hilarious.

    I know your one bowler was injured, but the fact you looked school boy without him shows you were lucky to ever reach number one in the first place.
    Last edited by Burgey; 22-10-2011 at 03:59 PM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  7. #7
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,786
    Daemon, you claim that now but your avatar gives you away.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8
    Sure you are..

    and if you are then I feel sorry for you as you've been indoctrinated by the english media.

  9. #9
    International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NT, Leanyer
    Posts
    4,194

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    8
    Hows it a bad post? What, if anything, in the content of it that is wrong in any way?

  11. #11
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    13,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Daemon, you claim that now but your avatar gives you away.
    Damn you weemanbob, damn you.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    116
    Calm down guys!

    England outplayed us at home and they deserved to be the number 1 side of the world they were stronger in the test series in all departments.

    I am confident that we will win the Test Series against them in India next year but, untill we do we have nothing much to shout about we have to take baby steps to get back to the top which is what we are working towards!

    Threads like this do not do us any favours.

  13. #13
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    13,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    Hows it a bad post? What, if anything, in the content of it that is wrong in any way?
    Nothing at all comma I thought the post was terrible because of the substitution of certain punctuations for their actual words full stop

  14. #14
    International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NT, Leanyer
    Posts
    4,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    Hows it a bad post? What, if anything, in the content of it that is wrong in any way?
    Everything bar: handling Swann well and that Indian wickets will be different. The rest is hilarious.

  15. #15
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,466
    **** it, I'll bite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    I'm usually very irritated when people go on about how England are better than India at test cricket, when the fact is, they are clearly not.
    A 4-0 scoreline the last time the two sides met would suggest otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    The only reason India lost was due to ridiculous amounts of injuries and England purposefully setting up the pitches so that the Indian Batsman were completely Bamboozled.
    England had managed to win their two previous Test series despite injuries to key bowlers. If Zaheer Khan being injured causes such a drop off in the performance of your bowling, what does that say about the standard of the bowling in your side? The pitches comment is barely worth commenting on, but you'd think that a lineup containing about 154 batsmen averaging more than 50 would be able to handle pitches with a bit of bounce. The fact that they couldn't makes them poor Test cricketers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    Lets say on the dust bowls of Chennai, who do you think will win a 5 match series?
    England. They have a better spinner. Of course, this is a moot point, as the existence of dustbowls - or in fact any pitch that isn't a flat piece of **** in India is about as real as the existence of Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    I'd say 4-0, maybe 3-0 india. First of all, theres no way in hell that Englands bowling attack would bowl out a lineup of:

    Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxmann, Dhoni not to mention the bowlers who are all more than capable of batting. Broad and Anderson are the most overrated bowlers of the century, only rated because they play for the Poms. In India, Broads bouncers would be useless and Anderson would be useless aswell as proved in the past. Tremlett is just an awful bowler full stop and Bresnan is only good on English pitches. As proved in England, all the Indian batsman have the measure of Swann and all of England's remaining spinners are rubbish.
    So much fail. That batting lineup was repeatedly dismissed for next to **** all 8 times. In case you missed it, Broad's success was a result of pitching the ball up, Anderson has been dismissing batting lineups in all conditions for 2 years now and dismissed Tendulkar for fun, and Bresnan had a bit of success in Australia - you know, that big country to the South East of India where India have never, ever, won a Test series in their history? All the Indian batsmen indeed had the measure of Swann - apart from the one Test on a spinning deck, where Swann took 9 wickets.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    Next off, none of Englands batsman are actually any good. Strauss is old
    Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman are older. Therefore, they're worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    Cook has no technique whatsoever and hes just your run of the mill block/runner with some decent mental strength.
    Batsmen with no technique don't average nearly 50 in Test cricket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    Trott is just a boring player who again is like Cook, no technique whatsoever.
    An average of over 50 in both Tests and ODIs says no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    Pieterson IMO is rubbish at tests as his average shows. He just hits them too much and goes out for low scores as his strike rate is too high. He was only good in England, again due to the conditions.
    An average of 50 shows a rubbish player?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    Bell is a decent hitter but cant be relied on
    Apart from averaging over 80 since his recall you mean

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    and Morgan/Bopara are just awful players full stop.
    Bradman-esque next to Raina mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    Prior is a decent keeper but again a very average batsman.
    How bad does that make Mahendra "frying pan hands" Singh Dhoni?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    When you got players like Sharma, Sreesanth and Kumar bowling them rippers at you full speed none of the batsman will be able to cope and if Zaheer is fit he would absolutely destroy that batting attack of his own. It won't be a brownwash because the conditions usually support the batsman and england MAY be able to carve out a draw.


    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    The pitches suit spinners and we have the best spinner in the world by a country mile (H Singh) and the 2nd best (Mishra).


    Quote Originally Posted by Indiaregulator View Post
    Just because of one fluke result all the poms are saying they're good is really annoying me. They're not and they'll get destroyed if they played even a half fit India team in India.
    You can fluke a Test win now and then (as India showed in South Africa), winning a 4 Test series 4-0 is no fluke, nor is winning 3 Tests in Australia by an innings. We'll see how India get on against Australia.
    ​63*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •