• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India vs England test series in India best side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm usually very irritated when people go on about how England are better than India at test cricket, when the fact is, they are clearly not.

The only reason India lost was due to ridiculous amounts of injuries and England purposefully setting up the pitches so that the Indian Batsman were completely Bamboozled.

Lets say on the dust bowls of Chennai, who do you think will win a 5 match series?

I'd say 4-0, maybe 3-0 india. First of all, theres no way in hell that Englands bowling attack would bowl out a lineup of:

Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxmann, Dhoni not to mention the bowlers who are all more than capable of batting. Broad and Anderson are the most overrated bowlers of the century, only rated because they play for the Poms. In India, Broads bouncers would be useless and Anderson would be useless aswell as proved in the past. Tremlett is just an awful bowler full stop and Bresnan is only good on English pitches. As proved in England, all the Indian batsman have the measure of Swann and all of England's remaining spinners are rubbish.

Next off, none of Englands batsman are actually any good. Strauss is old, Cook has no technique whatsoever and hes just your run of the mill block/runner with some decent mental strength. Trott is just a boring player who again is like Cook, no technique whatsoever. Pieterson IMO is rubbish at tests as his average shows. He just hits them too much and goes out for low scores as his strike rate is too high. He was only good in England, again due to the conditions. Bell is a decent hitter but cant be relied on and Morgan/Bopara are just awful players full stop. Prior is a decent keeper but again a very average batsman. When you got players like Sharma, Sreesanth and Kumar bowling them rippers at you full speed none of the batsman will be able to cope and if Zaheer is fit he would absolutely destroy that batting attack of his own. It won't be a brownwash because the conditions usually support the batsman and england MAY be able to carve out a draw.

The pitches suit spinners and we have the best spinner in the world by a country mile (H Singh) and the 2nd best (Mishra).

Just because of one fluke result all the poms are saying they're good is really annoying me. They're not and they'll get destroyed if they played even a half fit India team in India.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jesus.

I hope this is a multi because that is quite possibly the worst post I've read all month.

Daemon

I'm an Indian supporter, and I am pretty ****ing sure this is a multi/trolling. :p

Last edited:

Burgey

Wow, so two poms already who are blindly supporting their team without having any knowledge of cricket.
Actually mate, I'm a neutral supporter who watched that series closely, and India looked old and washed up. They had their swollen heads handed to them.

And as a neutral, I can say it is one of the worst posts I've read here in a long time.

Honestly, India couldn't cope at all with the ball moving and bouncing, and you're saying the England players have no technique? Hilarious.

I know your one bowler was injured, but the fact you looked school boy without him shows you were lucky to ever reach number one in the first place.

Last edited:

Kohli_fan

Banned
Calm down guys!

England outplayed us at home and they deserved to be the number 1 side of the world they were stronger in the test series in all departments.

I am confident that we will win the Test Series against them in India next year but, untill we do we have nothing much to shout about we have to take baby steps to get back to the top which is what we are working towards!

Threads like this do not do us any favours.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
**** it, I'll bite.

I'm usually very irritated when people go on about how England are better than India at test cricket, when the fact is, they are clearly not.
A 4-0 scoreline the last time the two sides met would suggest otherwise.

The only reason India lost was due to ridiculous amounts of injuries and England purposefully setting up the pitches so that the Indian Batsman were completely Bamboozled.
England had managed to win their two previous Test series despite injuries to key bowlers. If Zaheer Khan being injured causes such a drop off in the performance of your bowling, what does that say about the standard of the bowling in your side? The pitches comment is barely worth commenting on, but you'd think that a lineup containing about 154 batsmen averaging more than 50 would be able to handle pitches with a bit of bounce. The fact that they couldn't makes them poor Test cricketers.

Lets say on the dust bowls of Chennai, who do you think will win a 5 match series?
England. They have a better spinner. Of course, this is a moot point, as the existence of dustbowls - or in fact any pitch that isn't a flat piece of **** in India is about as real as the existence of Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny.

I'd say 4-0, maybe 3-0 india. First of all, theres no way in hell that Englands bowling attack would bowl out a lineup of:

Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxmann, Dhoni not to mention the bowlers who are all more than capable of batting. Broad and Anderson are the most overrated bowlers of the century, only rated because they play for the Poms. In India, Broads bouncers would be useless and Anderson would be useless aswell as proved in the past. Tremlett is just an awful bowler full stop and Bresnan is only good on English pitches. As proved in England, all the Indian batsman have the measure of Swann and all of England's remaining spinners are rubbish.
So much fail. That batting lineup was repeatedly dismissed for next to **** all 8 times. In case you missed it, Broad's success was a result of pitching the ball up, Anderson has been dismissing batting lineups in all conditions for 2 years now and dismissed Tendulkar for fun, and Bresnan had a bit of success in Australia - you know, that big country to the South East of India where India have never, ever, won a Test series in their history? All the Indian batsmen indeed had the measure of Swann - apart from the one Test on a spinning deck, where Swann took 9 wickets.

Next off, none of Englands batsman are actually any good. Strauss is old
Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman are older. Therefore, they're worse.

Cook has no technique whatsoever and hes just your run of the mill block/runner with some decent mental strength.
Batsmen with no technique don't average nearly 50 in Test cricket.

Trott is just a boring player who again is like Cook, no technique whatsoever.
An average of over 50 in both Tests and ODIs says no.

Pieterson IMO is rubbish at tests as his average shows. He just hits them too much and goes out for low scores as his strike rate is too high. He was only good in England, again due to the conditions.
An average of 50 shows a rubbish player?

Bell is a decent hitter but cant be relied on
Apart from averaging over 80 since his recall you mean

and Morgan/Bopara are just awful players full stop.
Bradman-esque next to Raina mind.

Prior is a decent keeper but again a very average batsman.
How bad does that make Mahendra "frying pan hands" Singh Dhoni?

When you got players like Sharma, Sreesanth and Kumar bowling them rippers at you full speed none of the batsman will be able to cope and if Zaheer is fit he would absolutely destroy that batting attack of his own. It won't be a brownwash because the conditions usually support the batsman and england MAY be able to carve out a draw.
:laugh:

The pitches suit spinners and we have the best spinner in the world by a country mile (H Singh) and the 2nd best (Mishra).
:laugh:

Just because of one fluke result all the poms are saying they're good is really annoying me. They're not and they'll get destroyed if they played even a half fit India team in India.
You can fluke a Test win now and then (as India showed in South Africa), winning a 4 Test series 4-0 is no fluke, nor is winning 3 Tests in Australia by an innings. We'll see how India get on against Australia.

Hows it hiliarious?

Gambhir > Strauss
Sehwag > Cook
Dravid > Trott
Tendulkar > Pieterson
Laxmann > Bell
Dhoni > Prior
Kumar = Broad
Sharma > Bresnan
Singh > Swann
Mishra > Panesar
Khan > Anderson

Can't argue with that tbh, its as unbais and fair as it gets. If i had my bias for India on then I would have said Kumar > Broad.

Woodster

International Captain

Next off, none of Englands batsman are actually any good. Strauss is old, Cook has no technique whatsoever and hes just your run of the mill block/runner with some decent mental strength. Trott is just a boring player who again is like Cook, no technique whatsoever. Pieterson IMO is rubbish at tests as his average shows. He just hits them too much and goes out for low scores as his strike rate is too high. He was only good in England, again due to the conditions. Bell is a decent hitter but cant be relied on and Morgan/Bopara are just awful players full stop. Prior is a decent keeper but again a very average batsman. When you got players like Sharma, Sreesanth and Kumar bowling them rippers at you full speed none of the batsman will be able to cope and if Zaheer is fit he would absolutely destroy that batting attack of his own. It won't be a brownwash because the conditions usually support the batsman and england MAY be able to carve out a draw.

Oh dear.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hows it hiliarious?

Gambhir > Strauss
Sehwag > Cook
Dravid > Trott
Tendulkar > Pieterson
Laxmann > Bell
Dhoni > Prior
Kumar = Broad
Sharma > Bresnan
Singh > Swann
Mishra > Panesar
Khan > Anderson

Can't argue with that tbh, its as unbais and fair as it gets. If i had my bias for India on then I would have said Kumar > Broad.
Laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.