i know i am god. since when i pray i find i am talking to myself.
(massive apologies to barnes)
We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
A cricket supporter forever
Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.
Check out this awesome e-fed:
His form dipped since after 1998, but again like I said he did bowl a good spell at the end of day 3 in Chennai ( surprised Wasim didn't bowl him much in day 4 ).
Again, like I said I don't remember exactly why he didn't play in the Kolkata test - injuries or out of form in general or some problems with Wasim or a combination of these .....
Nah.. you are underrating how good our bowling was in home conditions back then...
don't see too many lineups clambering over srinath, prasad, and kumble to play wasim, waqar and saqlain! and it's not that the indian conditions were so alien to the pakistani team, what with their spinners and their mastery of reverse swing.Compare that to India with an inform Srinath, Prasad and Kumble... How is that attack better than ours? We lost those games because we batted a bit worse than them, simple as that.
i think u are nitpicking here. call it a spinner (singular), if that pleases u. was speaking generically about pak attacks and their familiarity with' indian' conditions....spin, the need for reverse swing etc.
i repeat, most batting lineups would prefer to face srinath, prasad, joshi and kumble over wasim, waqar, saqlain, mushtaq ahmed/nadeem/whoever any day of the week and twice on sundays.
out of curiosity, do u rate afridi's knock as better than tendulkar's? this is where this all started, including your commendable defense of the indian attack!
Last edited by hang on; 06-12-2011 at 12:18 AM.
I thought Imran would have had six or seven digs in here
WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn
#408. Sixty three not out forever.
His figures in the 2nd innings of that Chennai test read :
12 overs, 6 maidens, 26 runs 2 wickets
He got both openers and bowled well to Sachin and Dravid ...
He didn't bowl well in the other 3 innings in that series, yeah, but not the case in this innings ...
1. His century in the Perth test, 1991-92 season HowSTAT! Match Scorecard
2. His match-winning century in NZ HowSTAT! Match Scorecard
3. His 193 in the Headingley test HowSTAT! Match Scorecard
4. His match-winning 214 against Australia, 2010 HowSTAT! Match Scorecard
5. His no-cover drive 241* in Sydney HowSTAT! Match Scorecard
6. One among his Warne-demolition acts, a match-winning unbeaten century HowSTAT! Match Scorecard
7. His 2nd century in the 2010-11 South Africa tour, in the Kallisball test HowSTAT! Match Scorecard
Last edited by weldone; 06-12-2011 at 01:43 AM.
"I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
- Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)