• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
@DeusEx- Indeed, the rate at which you take wickets is secondary. A macho alpha-male image and erratic bowling style is far more important.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Commentator implying that McGrath wasn't a strike bowler. Oh dear.
I don't think he was in the sense we usually understand the term. The great man was primarily a defensive bowler, which sounds faintly pejorative, but isn't meant to be.

McGrath's big strength was being able to bowl in Boycott's corridor of uncertainty and move it just enough so the batsmen weren't able to ever fully trust a leave. We hardly ever saw McGrath getting frustrated and end up aiming at the pegs. Ironic, really, as he was one of the great cricketing malcontents, chuntering at the injustice of it all back to every mark.

Anyway, what sort of total would our Australian readers be comfortable their chaps chasing?

Ruckus

International Captain
Did anyone hear that? Siddle apparently does the 'hard graft' for Australia. God he just runs in so hard, every time, every day of the week.

Flem274*

123/5
Was Siddle born in New Zealand or something?

Bowls too short, performs once in a blue moon, bats better than the batsmen and endures commentators bringing out the hard worker cliches every game he plays.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bit of turn for Lyon out there. Four for Fat Gray, but I doubt the offie would be too disappointed to see Smith cutting uppishly at balls turning away from him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bit of turn for Lyon out there. Four for Fat Gray, but I doubt the offie would be too disappointed to see Smith cutting uppishly at balls turning away from him.
Come on, how unreal was that? Next delivery he faces from Lyon and bingo.

God, I'm good. :ph34r:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha, indeed. Soft out, has to be said. Just had to go after it again. Glad, though.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great to see some sticktuitiveness from Cummins, even at 18 playing his first Test, in some ways, he makes Siddle and Johnson look pretty amateur.