• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only bad thing about that was the age it took to make the decision. Looked out first up to me, not sure why they had so many replays of it missing his bat once you saw no hotspot.

Spark

Global Moderator
ponting of five years ago would have put that through midwicket for four every. single. time.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes once Billy finally recognised there was no inside edge, it was a straight forward decision. Ponting got that front foot too far across and so had to come across the ball looking to go far too square on a seaming pitch like this. The ball straightening and would thudded into the stumps.

Can't understand Ponting being seemingly disgruntled with the decision,unless it was frustration at his own performance.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ponting of five years ago would have put that through midwicket for four every. single. time.
Probably would. Age is catching up with him, though that is no disgrace. Clearly not the player he was. Can he reinvent his game and will he be given enough time to before the axe falls on him?

Woodster

International Captain
Only bad thing about that was the age it took to make the decision. Looked out first up to me, not sure why they had so many replays of it missing his bat once you saw no hotspot.
There must have been doubts, not even the bowler appealed! Though I'm not quite sure why.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Im tipping Clarke to have a good series too with the bat, looked to be in great form so far this tour, hitting em well and fluent. Marsh looks the goods though...

Hah and Clarke has no idea two balls in a row, FAIL.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tell him he throws like a girl Michael! Then say, "I see you have a sleeve tattoo like all the pretty ladies do".

Guaranteed to work a treat.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Does anyone else think that Steyn has a slight kink in his action, which is further accentuated when he bowls short?