• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've been hit in the nuts by a 50kph pie chucker...and it hurt. **** knows how he's still standing.

Reckon there's a fair chance he's been left with a couple of dot balls.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
its worse in the backyard with the tennis ball half taped up, you just want to die.
An indoor cricket ball hurts a bit too. Have seen a number of people collected, and they've turned various shades of green. Seems to be a game where less people wear a box than outdoor cricket.

Woodster

International Captain
Battled hard these two, Marsh and Ponting, to ensure no further wickets fell leading up to lunch. Presuming this seam movement will last for a while yet, so things may get only a fraction easier in the afternoon session for Australia.

Vern was very good in that session, be interesting to see if he becomes the kind of reliable into the wind bowler that gets through plenty of overs, and also nips it about on tracks like this.

Steyn was threatening, and Morkel just lost his radar a touch, but these two will love bowling on this pitch, although probably prefer to see it fly through a bit more.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
An indoor cricket ball hurts a bit too. Have seen a number of people collected, and they've turned various shades of green. Seems to be a game where less people wear a box than outdoor cricket.
Yeah for sure, indoor cricket can be brutal! Hated playing it. Cant test out my Boycott technique indoors.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I guess what we are all wondering now is whether it will carry on doing loads after lunch and for how long through the game if it does. If the pitch flattens out for day 2 then Australia face a mammoth battle to survive already. I hope the pitch stays spicy throughout, tests are always better when the bowlers have a real chance of wickets instead of watching 500 plays 450 in the first innings.