• BCCI is the best organisation out

10 7.41%
Page 81 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1874
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: ***Official*** DRS discussion thread

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sumantra View Post
    the question is how a third umpire can overrule the desicion of the on field umpire basing on something that is far from conclusive!
    But he had something conclusive, a ****ing sound on his earpiece from the enhanced sound he gets. How difficult is it for you to comprehend?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

I'd rather have one UDRS related howler per ten matches than one umpire related howler per each match.
    Diuretics are used to look good at TV shows

I played for 20 years in the Lankan team, I did not have any problems as a Tamil - Muralidaran

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    But he had something conclusive, a ****ing sound on his earpiece from the enhanced sound he gets. How difficult is it for you to comprehend?
    very difficult mate, very difficult...but since u have comprehended it properly, i don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    I'd rather have one UDRS related howler per ten matches than one umpire related howler per each match.
    so many awtas
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Well said Migara
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Spot on. I think we're seeing since the improvement in the stump mics that the umpires are using that technology better, hardly controversial this one though because he was out.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Next time an on-field umpire gives a marginal decision out and technology later shows us it was correct, are we gonna start a thread questioning why he made the decision? ****ing idiotic thread from an idiotic member

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Well said Migara
    Agreed, although in this case I'm not sure where the UDRS shocker was, there only being one review in the game and in that case the 3rd umpire using the technology available to him to get the right decision.

Simon Champion!
    bhogleharsha Harsha Bhogle
    dhoni says dravid said he did not edge it. that should be good enough now for everybody. drs has had a very bad week.

dhoni says dravid said he did not edge it. that should be good enough now for everybody. drs has had a very bad week.

there is also the possibility though, that hot spot was right and that the sound came from somewhere else. in all, it was a poor verdict.

Remember last time a similar incident happened, Dravid admitted himself that he thought according to his instincts he edged it.

Simon Champion!
    I still exactly don't know how he was given out," said Dhoni. "Whether they used Snickometer, whether Snickometer is allowed to be used, whether the audio technician gave him out, whether the third umpire gave him out. So it is quite complex. There is affair amount of questions when it comes to the DRS and if there is still some doubt, why shouldn't go to the batsman."

As for Dravid, his latest extraction followed two eyebrow-raising dismissals in the final two Tests at Edgbaston, where he was caught behind off his shoe lace, and at The Oval, where he was given out caught at bat-pad off Graeme Swann despite a lack of clear evidence. On that occasion, he defused the subsequent row by admitting he had got a thin inside-edge, but this time, he was not so conciliatory.

"He said he had not edged it," Dhoni said. "There was no mark when it comes to Hot Spot. There was no visual deflection as such. And the umpire had given not out. I thought the benefit of doubt goes to the batsman. That is a big thing."

England v India, 1st ODI, Chester-le-Street: MS Dhoni questions DRS handling | Cricket News | England v India 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

Yessirreee

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    It was ironic they agreed to something that is less accurate than the Hawkeye they object so vociferously against, but you are ignoring the fact that the 3rd umpire has the enhanced sound, and heard the nick today, hence he was 100% sure and it was a correct decision.
    I don't believe that. I think HawkEye is even more inaccurate than Hit Spot.

And no one knows the true reasons for BCCI accepting Hot Spot...neither have Hot Spot nor have BCCI presented the scientific justification for agreeing to Hot Spot. My intuition tells me they fell for the bit that Hit Spot tech is used in military stuff.

I am actually very disappointed with both these gadgets...they haven't added much to the DRS. In fact a DRs sans these two would give us better results...in any case we are not bothered about knife edge ones...and to over turn howlers you dont need these gadgets...just simple, plain replays are more than sufficient.
    Last edited by Vijay.Sharma; 03-09-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Hot Spot is useful - there are many occasions when it gives absolutely clear evidence that a ball has been hit, and many occasions when it tells you that the ball has hit, say, the batsman's sleeve rather than his glove, or that the bat has brushed the pad.

The danger with hot spot is that very thin edges may not always show up. But we all know that, and so do 3rd umpires, and provided they bear that in mind, and remember that the absence of evidence on hot spot of an edge is not necessarily proof that there was no edge, all will be well.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by sumantra View Post
    very difficult mate, very difficult...but since u have comprehended it properly, i don't know
    Hahaha that's a great post. Genuinely lol'd.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

United Dravid Removal System

Page 81 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread Information