• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** DRS discussion thread

UDRS?

• Total voters

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disgraceful stuff by India. Reckon us and England should have balls and implement it anyway. Don't like it India? Well GAGF AFAIC.

Seriously hoping that when we play India heaps of marginal calls go in our favour.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
AWTA. Unfortunately, it can't be all at once so we have to start somewhere. Use the technology that is available now, and hopefully eventually all decisions could potentially be electronic once the speed is there.
I would like to know how this would be implemented without taking masses of time out of the game though.

I think the current version of UDRS is probably as good as it gets. Maybe the umpires should be the ones to decide to go upstairs. Unsure.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
the udrs system needs to be implemented through-out all forms asap. The ICC needs to do something seriously. in the recent pak vs nz test there have been a total of 7 incorrect decisions.

It makes you wonder how many errors have been made in the past prior to the development of technology and modern "digital" tv.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
the udrs system needs to be implemented through-out all forms asap. The ICC needs to do something seriously. in the recent pak vs nz test there have been a total of 7 incorrect decisions.

It makes you wonder how many errors have been made in the past prior to the development of technology and modern "digital" tv.
There have been some real howlers in this Pak-NZ series. Dire umpiring really. UDRS needs to be brought in.

weed wizard

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
absolutely

what is wrong with BCCI.
Lost their mind.
Even monkeys are intelligent than their heads.
They are destroying this sacred game.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Make it ****ing mandatory for all teams. What the hell can India do about it? Stop playing? How the people in charge of the ICC got to be there with an apparent lack of testicles, I'll never figure out.

shivfan

Banned
I really hope the WICB doesn't allow the BCCI to pressure them into not using UDRS for their home series in June....

Debris

International 12th Man
What they should do is can the UDRS and make sure to make mention in every controversial decision that it was removed at India's request.

smash84

The Tiger King
What they should do is can the UDRS and make sure to make mention in every controversial decision that it was removed at India's request.
lol........good suggestion.......

or maybe just start giving too many decisions against India so that BCCI are forced to adopt it :ph34r:

Debris

International 12th Man
Why is the BCCI so against UDRS?
I think the real reason was that the Indian side had a couple of series where they had real shockers in using it where it seems every time they challenged a decision, the original decision was proved correct. Now I think a few of the senior Indian players have it in their heads that it advantages the opposition. Just my opinion, of course. :)

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the real reason was that the Indian side had a couple of series where they had real shockers in using it where it seems every time they challenged a decision, the original decision was proved correct. Now I think a few of the senior Indian players have it in their heads that it advantages the opposition. Just my opinion, of course. :)
The biggest irony is that if it wasn't for their whining after Sydneygate, UDRS probably wouldn't even exist. It's like there's no pleasing the BCCI.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
It was only one series .......ind vs sl

they felt they got the wrong end of the stick on every call.

like anything you do the first time it can be a little difficult..

Debris

International 12th Man
It was only one series .......ind vs sl

they felt they got the wrong end of the stick on every call.

like anything you do the first time it can be a little difficult..
I thought they also had a series against Australia where the same thing happened.

Debris

International 12th Man
That was without UDRS iirc. That's why Bucknor got dumped and most likely why UDRS got brought in anyway.
Hmmm, was sure I could remember a second series where they used it. Maybe I got the opposition wrong. Oh well.