• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft 2011

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So here we go then. 13 are entered:

Blakus
four_or_six
Himannv
honestbharani
Howe_Zat
Kyear2
Michael7777777
Pothas
pskov
Samuel_Vimes
smalishah84
weeman27bob
weldone

You will be picking a team of 11 from a squad of 15, so we will have 15 rounds, and the budget for the whole draft is $15m. The draft will run as previously so I will pick the highest bid from everyone and they get that player, then the highest bid for the remaining players and so on. An example of how this works (featuring 2 of the best players in history plus Twatto) is here

If you don't get a highest bid then you end up with whatever is left but pay the highest bid in the round. For an idea of how this works, check out the previous draft thread: here

There are 13 players to bid on, everyone picked a different player which is quite surprising - they are as follows:

Aubrey Faulkner
Barry Richards
Brian McMillan
Colin Bland
Denis Lindsay
Eddie Barlow
Hashim Amla
Hugh Tayfield
Jackie McGlew
Mike Proctor
Muttiah Muralitharan
Paul Harris
Shaun Pollock

What you need to do now is place bids for the players by email. Also in that email plase include your nomination for round 2 which will be covering the West Indies and Pakistan. The deadline for this is 7pm GMT on Wednesday 7th (please bear in mind I may not run the draft immediately at that time but I will ignore anything received after that time!)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, as weldone says there is a danger of ending up with a complete numpty and losing half your budget on it - made worse last time by some of the posters nominating numpties every round!

smash84

The Tiger King
I don't know why I am procrastinating. It is due tomorrow morning right? I plan to do it tonight