• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Ireland v England at Dublin

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lol @ Morgan as captain. That's taking the piss.
Ed Joyce making his ODI debut against Ireland and Kevin Pietersen making his England debut on their tour of Africa suggests England are quite fond of this particularly brand of piss-taking.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
TBF Morgan was named as vice-captain for the T20 recently so it was always in the pipeline. Humorous though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's quite a few showers around so hopefully they have good drainage. Expect D/L to come into play too, at some stage.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
And the rains gone. Probably going to be one of those days.

Cricinfo saying that Stokes and Taylor have been given their caps. Surely one of Borthwick and Bairstow (or both) would have to fit in somewhere, too.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
England batting first

What are peoples thoughts on Borthwick. I know he's regarded as a talent, but he's hardly played any OD domestic cricket and hasn't done well when he has, if Briggs were fit would he have been picked instead? I'm not sure Borthwick is anywhere near ready for international cricket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
More rain on the way very soon.
Dire.

Speaking of dire, Johnston for Jones is probably one of the biggest impacts an injury can have on any side in international cricket at the moment. Such a massive downgrade. People think having to replace Zaheer with Sreesanth is bad but ekh this has got to come close to taking the cake.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England batting first

What are peoples thoughts on Borthwick. I know he's regarded as a talent, but he's hardly played any OD domestic cricket and hasn't done well when he has, if Briggs were fit would he have been picked instead? I'm not sure Borthwick is anywhere near ready for international cricket.
I like him, not ready for international cricket but does have s little something about him. Have been following him pretty closely since he got zacked by Foster on debut. Can bat pretty well too, made 20* for Durham as they followed on so be got te to keep his pads on and went out and opened lol. Brings would've definitely played had he been fit imo.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Neither batsman has been able to time the ball at all so far.

Edit: Apart from right as I said that.