• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Intelligent Cricketer

smash84

The Tiger King
Get to the point? I do not like trolls. 8-)
I was to the point actually..........you said Dhoni is the best captain that you have seen live.......I was wondering how old are you and since when have you been watching cricket???? Why is that trolling??? It is alright if you don't want to answer that

This one is somewhat likeable IMO:

lickable..
haha....I think I'll go with Himannv's verdict of likable as opposed to lickable................

Rush

Banned
I was to the point actually..........you said Dhoni is the best captain that you have seen live.......I was wondering how old are you and since when have you been watching cricket???? Why is that trolling??? It is alright if you don't want to answer that

haha....I think I'll go with Himannv's verdict of likable as opposed to lickable................
The footlong tongue in the image begs to differ:p

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That Ed Smith bloke's quite smart, isn't he? He was only in the England team for about five minutes, but I think he's written a book or two.

Not in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's league, though, of course.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
You could be a great and inspirational leader of men and still be as dumb as bricks tbh.
That's what I'm desperately hoping about Clarke, considering I think he's a bit of a half-wit who just parrots the latest PR guff. I'm on a hiding to nothing though, I know that.

Blaze 18

Banned
Dhoni's predicament :

1) Play safe, ensure series win : cop flak from internet posters and media.
2) Play for the 'spirit of the game', lose the match and draw the series : have his house burned down/stoned.

Jeez, what a life!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That Ed Smith bloke's quite smart, isn't he? He was only in the England team for about five minutes, but I think he's written a book or two.

Not in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's league, though, of course.
Yeah, Smith has a double first from Cambridge, which puts him in something like the top 0.01% of the UK, intelligence-wise. I suspect he's the only test cricket to have an Oxbridge double first.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
what do you mean by a double from Cambridge?
Sorry. It's a university degree classification. In the UK we have first class honours degrees, higher second class, lower second class, third class & ordinary non-honours degrees.

In order to obtain a "double first" one must achieve first-class honours in two separate subjects in the same exams. They're only awarded by the Oxbridge unis.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni's predicament :

1) Play safe, ensure series win : cop flak from internet posters and media.
2) Play for the 'spirit of the game', lose the match and draw the series : have his house burned down/stoned.

Jeez, what a life!
I didn't criticise his decision to secure the draw and the series win, but he's a pretty defensive captain sometimes. I'm always shocked when a relatively new batsmen hits a 4 and Dhoni immediately places a boundary rider there or a long on.

When Sammy came into bat in one of his brief innings he was greeted with three boundary riders facing Bhaji because he'd smacked a couple sixes the previous match.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stuart Clark's not exactly dumb, has a degree from Sydney Uni (in Commerce IIRC).

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't criticise his decision to secure the draw and the series win, but he's a pretty defensive captain sometimes. I'm always shocked when a relatively new batsmen hits a 4 and Dhoni immediately places a boundary rider there or a long on.

When Sammy came into bat in one of his brief innings he was greeted with three boundary riders facing Bhaji because he'd smacked a couple sixes the previous match
This.
such a useless defensive captain

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!

When Sammy came into bat in one of his brief innings he was greeted with three boundary riders facing Bhaji because he'd smacked a couple sixes the previous match.
Although I agree on the general point that Dhoni is a reasonable defensive captain, having a boundary rider to a spinner isn't a defensive move as such. It's a move which attempts to eliminate a player's 'go to' shot, and makes them think of other areas to score where they may not be so strong in.