Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most Intelligent Cricketer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    I disagree actually(EDIT: @Jake). I reckon Dhoni is a better captain if you sum up his leadership abilities and captaincy. Must be remembered that Ganguly had both Kumble and a significantly better Harby at his disposal.

I understand the defensive criticism but think it's overstated at times. You can hardly have 6 slips when Abhimanyu Mithun and Ishant Sharma open your bowling in Sri Lanka IMO. He does very very well with the resources he has at his disposal.
    This
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Ganguly and Dhoni are a poor man's version of S.Waugh and Ponting.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Ganguly and Dhoni are a poor man's version of S.Waugh and Ponting.
    If you think the team Dhoni received from Kumble and Dravid was anywhere near the seasoned winning machine Australia was when Ponting took over, you're badly mistaken. Even towards the end of Kumble's captaincy, it was under Dhoni that India salvaged a series draw in Kanpur in 2008, and won the two Tests that Kumble missed against Australia in 2008 (the ones Kumble played in were drawn).

Perhaps he's making that comparison in a different way - perhaps poor tacticians, but superb leaders of men.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Yea Dhoni is a 9 out of 10 in terms of having the "intangibles" and man-management skills but he is unnecessarily defensive at times - I'd give him a 3/10 tactically (assuming five is an average of all international captains). Still not having been defeated in any series he has captained is a good record so you can't say much. Yet. Lose one though and the vultures will be circling in full force.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

We are unfairly criticizing Dhoni tbh, he was not the only one to decide the draw, he had the backing of his coaches and team management - prove is the press conference of Duncan Fletcher.

+ What difference does it make to the game except the 'spirit of game' and 'fans'. To Dhoni winning or losing is what matters not fans as he 'does not play for the crowd but for the country' (Yes he said that in WC).
    Using this statement, you can always defend his defensive captaincy.

PS: Dhoni has won the IPL title twice too (This and the last year), though his team "CSK" was never the hot favorite but because of his calmness and brains, he won all the nervy matches and clearly was the better captain. Spectators can always observe the better captain, and Dhoni always comes out as the better one whether that be with his calm and steady batting or his moves in the field/bowling changes.
    I rate him the best captain I have seen live.
    Last edited by Z-Man; 12-07-2011 at 03:55 AM.

wow.......Z-Man.........how old are you?

I don't think there's any causal relationship/correlation between being aggressive and being intelligent.

Those two are completely two different qualities. They are as much different as 'being strong' and 'being honest' are, for example.
    Last edited by weldone; 12-07-2011 at 04:35 AM.
    "I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
    - Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)

Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    I don't think there's any causal relationship/correlation between being aggressive and being intelligent.

Those two are completely two different qualities. They are as much different as 'being strong' and 'being honest' are, for example.
    This is very good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

For bowlers being able to work over batsmen so smartly and so consistently, Glenn McGrath would have to be up there surely.
    "That's ****ed his average Tony!"

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    wow.......Z-Man.........how old are you?
    Get to the point? I do not like trolls.

This one is somewhat likeable IMO:

"I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post

lickable..

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Get to the point? I do not like trolls.
    I was to the point actually..........you said Dhoni is the best captain that you have seen live.......I was wondering how old are you and since when have you been watching cricket???? Why is that trolling??? It is alright if you don't want to answer that

Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    lickable..
    haha....I think I'll go with Himannv's verdict of likable as opposed to lickable................

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    I was to the point actually..........you said Dhoni is the best captain that you have seen live.......I was wondering how old are you and since when have you been watching cricket???? Why is that trolling??? It is alright if you don't want to answer that

haha....I think I'll go with Himannv's verdict of likable as opposed to lickable................
    The footlong tongue in the image begs to differ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information