• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Cannot quite decide which one is worse. Australia crumbling in disastrous fashion or Charu Sharma's commentary!

Am I the only one living the ordeal on TenCricket?

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nope... he's proper horrible... almost makes you yearn for Ranjit Fernando.. almost

Reflection of how poorly Aus have played seeing how far ahead Lanka are despite dropping 3 sitters and missing a couple of runout chances...

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Good day for yorkers, this! First the Zim kid Jarvis bowled two in an over and now Malinga does it here.

I have nets in a bit. The visual effect might rub off on me. :cool:

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Malinga, you beauty! Appropriately, a yorker to finish the match and give him a 5-fer.

Good to see the series still alive. Not the best ODI of the day, but we got to see some good cricket. :cool:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saw a bit of this match, Sri Lanka did it easily. Probably a good thing though from a neutral point of view as it keeps the series alive. Really not that interested in the one dayers but really looking forward to the test matches.

smash84

The Tiger King
Nope... he's proper horrible... almost makes you yearn for Ranjit Fernando.. almost
haha.....good one

Preshaaaa!!

Smith just kind of walked sideways out of his crease. Is that kid learning anything while with the Australian team? I've not noticed any improvement in anything he does.

He came in as a fantastic fielder so good fielding doesn't count..
Edit: I'm off. This sets up the rest of the series nicely.
This

BlazeDragon

Banned
There was always that fear of what's gonna happen when the big 3 (Ponting, Clarke, Mussey) falls and it did. Its sad I actually had hopes for Dussey but Smith was unsurprisingly useless yet again. Provides nothing with the ball and the same old story with the bat as well. Aussie selectors have to be officially declared idiots for keep dragging him on the team like they did with White.

Haddin is in very bad form. Gotten to the point where he is just making himself look foolish out there. They could have Ponting open with Watson again if necessary or even Marsh. And just knew that picking Doherty as the main spinner was gonna come back and bite them in the ass at some point.

Riggins

International Captain
I think my team would be:

Watson
(Marsh)
Ponting
Clarke
Mussey
Ferguson
Haddin
Christian
Johnson
O'Keefe
Lee
Bollinger

That's my 12.

I think Marsh 12th man, batters all moving up one with Poontang to open, but probably change my mind day to day.

Top_Cat

haha, it's always good fun to watch Watto face an unconventional bowler like Malinga. Gets a look in his eyes like "I'm....not familiar with the thing I am seeing......" Malinga to Ponting early was sensational too. Soft as butter, some of these Aussie outs even taking into account the slow deck. Reckon Bolly's form could have proven handy in the Tests, though......

Also, err, has anyone asked the question about Eranga's bowling action?

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Not our day, then. Oh well. Please find a new opener for Watto...

Was always going to probably be too much to ask from 3/50 or whatever it was. Don't rate our batting below Mussey tbh.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Could you be any more defensive? It's a legitimate question.

Have no idea about anyone else who's been queried, only know what I saw.

Bun

Banned
haha, it's always good fun to watch Watto face an unconventional bowler like Malinga. Gets a look in his eyes like "I'm....not familiar with the thing I am seeing......" Malinga to Ponting early was sensational too. Soft as butter, some of these Aussie outs even taking into account the slow deck. Reckon Bolly's form could have proven handy in the Tests, though......

Also, err, has anyone asked the question about Eranga's bowling action?
thought it was just me, and blamed my late night helpings. indeed the slow mo kind of makes his action look a tad tricky tbh. might be terrible wrong so if that's the case apologies to all lankan fans beforehand.