• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daryl Harper withdraws from Dominica test

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Are you saying that it would be unjustified of Dhoni to criticise Harper even via the match report, without consulting the media? If so, then I have to disagree, for reasons I've stated before.
Yes, because any criticism he makes of Harper can be answered easily with reference to the UDRS system his board opposes.

If Dhoni has said "It's disappointing half a dozen decisions were incorrect, but we take it on the chin because we don't agree UDRS would have recitified them" his position would at least have consistency to recommend it. Aside from the obvious irony that it's technology that allowed us to see those decisions were wrong, of course.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, because any criticism he makes of Harper can be answered easily with reference to the UDRS system his board opposes.

If Dhoni has said "It's disappointing half a dozen decisions were incorrect, but we take it on the chin because we don't agree UDRS would have recitified them" his position would at least have consistency to recommend it. Aside from the obvious irony that it's technology that allowed us to see those decisions were wrong, of course.
Fair enough, good point. Though imo Harper still deserves criticism from somewhere, possibly other than Dhoni/BCCI.

hang on

State Vice-Captain

even if i agreed that opposition to the UDRS precludes someone from commenting on the quality of the umpiring (in a less crass manner, needless to say) or, more appropriately, always wanting the best umpiring and being annoyed when it isn't forthcoming, isn't it true that it was only a certain aspect of the UDRS (the predictive and tracking element) that dhoni and co. opposed? so, a bit unfair to lay the blame for the nonusage of the other elements of the UDRS at their door. perhaps the icc are as culpable of not agreeing to use - or proposing the possibility of using - the less controversial elements of the system earlier?
of course, given that this sorry saga has been unfolding over yonks and there are so many different versions of it, it is quite likely that i might have my 'facts' wrong!

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Gimh and Gotspin among others in this thread have admitted to not liking the Indian team and hating the players and supporting everyone against them ,does that make them Racist going by your logic?
I don't think it does.
I don't dislike all the players tbf. Big fan of Dravid and Laxman

smash84

The Tiger King
I agree that one should use that forum to criticize an umpire if he happens to be an international captain, but what history shows is that ICC pretty much turn a blind eye to the umpire's review by the captains and coaches.. In that case, one can understand why a frustrated captain would answer this way when prompted.. Again understandable != justifiable.. Lets be clear on that.
This reminds me of the Pak Eng ODI series last year where Billy Doctrove was being so rude to Afridi and not even referring to the 3rd umpire. It turned out that Afridi was right and was quite gracious when he did not criticize Doctrove for us rude behavior

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Accusing someone of having a biased opinion or one sided obtuse opinion does not imply accusing someone of Racism.

Gimh and Gotspin among others in this thread have admitted to not liking the Indian team and hating the players and supporting everyone against them ,does that make them Racist going by your logic?
I don't think it does.
Bwahahah. Go back and read the post I posted that picture to mate.

vcs (IIRC) asked if Dhoni will get any credit and hb explicitly said "not while he is still Indian".
If that's not the race card then I don't know what is ffs.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bwahahah. Go back and read the post I posted that picture to mate.

vcs (IIRC) asked if Dhoni will get any credit and hb explicitly said "not while he is still Indian".
If that's not the race card then I don't know what is ffs.
must be the second option then.. it simply means there is a lot of anti-Indian cricket posters and posting going on around here.. but then again, this wont be the first instance of posting irrelevant and false stuff when you got no clue what the poster meant.. 8-)

Fusion

Global Moderator
This thread needs a cool down period.

I'm going to make it clear to everyone: Please stop immediately with this whole racist/race card discussion. Let's all move on and don't spoil the atmosphere further. If anyone ignores this request, then you can expect infractions to be handed out.