• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs India - Avatar Bets

biased indian

International Coach
Right, as the series is about a month away, I'm going to offer up an avatar bet.

My bet is over the entire series, and is points based. Winner is the person who at the end of the series has scored the most points. Points are awarded as follows:

2 points per test win
1 point for whichever country has the most centurions over the course of the series
1 point for whichever country has the highest wicket taker over the course of the series
1 point for series win
.5 for Highest scorer each match
.5 highest wicket taker each match

Now for the fun part: the duration stipulation.

Initially, the winner will own the loser's avatar until February 22nd 2011, which represents 6 months after the end of the series. At this point, the ICC Test rankings will determine whether or not the loser gets their avatar back. Let's say Teja, for argument's sake, takes the bet and loses. Teja does not get his avatar back until India are ahead of England in the ICC Test rankings after February 22nd. If I lose the bet, I do not get my avatar back until England are ahead of India in the ICC Test rankings after February 22nd. So if Teja loses, but India stay ahead of England in the rankings, Teja only loses his avatar for 6 months. If India fall below England, Teja loses his avatar for however long this remains the case (and vice versa in the unlikely event of an England defeat)

So who's in?
Will take it :)

can we add one more condition,if you think its ok

if the winner wants he has an option to change the Avatar after every month or 2

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Put yer money where yer mouth is, yer mama said that you was reeeaaallll....

Fans of Got_Spin might have noticed he has been wearing DR Jardine as his avatar for a good five months or so now. He will be wearing it until January 2012. If you dance with the devil...

So I'm offering pretty much the same bet he had with me.

I'm saying England will win. If you take my bet and they do, your avatar is mine for a year.

If India win, you get mine for a year.

An added caveat is that if the losing side doesn't win a Test, their forfeit is extended to two years.

Bet is off if the series is drawn or if India go home in a sulk about umpiring decisions.

Takers?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Fans of Got_Spin might have noticed he has been wearing DR Jardine as his avatar for a good five months or so now. He will be wearing it until January 2012. If you dance with the devil...

I'm saying England will win. If you take my bet and they do, your avatar is mine for a year.

An added caveat is that if the losing side doesn't win a Test, their forfeit is extended to two years.

Bet is off if the series is drawn or if India go home in a sulk about umpiring decisions.

Takers?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

Takers?
You're on, even though i think it's going to be 1-1 draw.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
India not to be bowled out for less than 250 more than once in the whole series.

Winner decides loser's avatar for the 2 months after the series.

Anyone?

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India win, I choose your avatar for 6 months. If it's a draw then we both get to choose each others avatars. If England win you get mine for a year.