• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should we be patient with Michael Beer?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Apparently I used to make posts without hilarious pictures. There you go.

EDIT: Very interesting reading all these comments back now. :)

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
"GIMH likes this"

That India-in-England series with him around would have to be one of CW's lowest ebbs, I suspect.

Spark

Global Moderator
"GIMH likes this"

That India-in-England series with him around would have to be one of CW's lowest ebbs, I suspect.
My first big series as mod IIRC. Spent basically the entire first session of the Trent Bridge test yelling at people.

adub

International Captain
Where is O'Keefe? :(

23 matches 60 wickets at 39.45 econ 2.99 s/r 79.1 - Beer
19 matches 51 wickets at 37.76 econ 3.07 s/r 73.5 - Lyon
21 matches 61 wickets at 28.18 econ 2.61 s/r 64.6 - O'Keefe
Thank **** we weren't more patient with Beer

Dead - Beer
58 matches 176 wickets at 37.19 econ 3.10 s/r 71.8 - Lyon
39 matches 125 wickets at 24.56 econ 2.54 s/r 57.8 - O'Keefe

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Worst part is that Beery can't bat or field. Can bowl an arm ball though, might be the best grade cricketer in Aus.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Worst part is that Beery can't bat or field. Can bowl an arm ball though, might be the best grade cricketer in Aus.
Can see how he would be a very good grade cricketer as would be very difficult to face on some grade decks

Sydney used to be chock full of Beer like players (e.g. Mark Ray, Murray Bennett, Trevor Jay, Steve Whitfield) and they'd take heaps of wickets every year