• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should we be patient with Michael Beer?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We have been "patient" with him for ages, such as waiting for his mysterious doosra he has perfected in the nets, or letting him get the confidence at Test level to put more revolutions on the ball. He sucks, end of story.
He averages 35 which is decent and is the only option really. No point looking for the next Warne when there isn't one around. Take what you have and work on it.

Spark

Global Moderator
His average was massively damaged by those two Tests in India which I think we can all agree isn't really fair to him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Aye, 100 wickets vs 400 wickets. :laugh:
Congrats. You've found the world's thinnest argument.

Anyway, given the Oz selectors haven't deigned to give him a contract I think the question posed by the thread's title has been answered in the negative. Another entry for their burgeoning "What the **** were we thinking?" file.

Bun

Banned
Congrats. You've found the world's thinnest argument.

Anyway, given the Oz selectors haven't deigned to give him a contract I think the question posed by the thread's title has been answered in the negative. Another entry for their burgeoning "What the **** were we thinking?" file.
Nah just giving that post what it deserved. A response.

Uppercut

The debates about who the best picks would be for Australia in transition are interesting, but sooner or later they all turn into everyone wallowing in depression about how comically bad the selectors are.

Top_Cat

The debates about who the best picks would be for Australia in transition are interesting, but sooner or later they all turn into everyone wallowing in depression about how comically bad the spinners are.
Yup.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
The debates about who the best picks would be for Australia in transition are interesting, but sooner or later they all turn into everyone wallowing in depression about how comically bad the selectors are.
:laugh::laugh:

It's true. However, I think they are copping it probably a bit too much. Imagine if they had cut Punter. Slats might have gone postal on them.

I wouldn't have, as I think he should have at the least retired from ODI's but I can imagine the uproar if they'd touched him.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Hmmmm, I don't think Ponting is as well-loved and untouchable as others have been, dunno if people would have reacted that harshly. Even when AB, clearly on the wane, was dropped there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Imagine if they'd dropped him a couple of seasons before that when his form warranted it. :ph34r:

FBU

International Debutant
Where is O'Keefe? :(

23 matches 60 wickets at 39.45 econ 2.99 s/r 79.1 - Beer
19 matches 51 wickets at 37.76 econ 3.07 s/r 73.5 - Lyon
21 matches 61 wickets at 28.18 econ 2.61 s/r 64.6 - O'Keefe

Valer

First Class Debutant

7 matches 9w at 52 2.17rr 143.3s/r in 2011/12

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
And you can add SOK's batting and the fact that he hasn't had the obvious opportunity to feast on NSW's poor batting as Beer has done recently.

I've gone a little quiet on SOK though as he just doesn't do enough with the ball.

Burgey

IMO Lyon is the best bowler of the three of them, though he's still very much a work in progress. If they're going to persist with anyone, I hope it's him.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Send a call out to Hoggy to be Lyon's back-up IMO :ph34r:

In all seriousness though, Hogg would still probably be just as good a FC spinner as pretty much anyone else on the domestic scene.