• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

YORKER & Bowled.. !

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
On full song, all of Joel Garner, Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Shoaib Akhtar and Lasith Malinga could do that...

There have been some other bowlers who could do that too, but they were not as consistent with that even if they wanted to be ...

salman85

International Debutant
I've only heard the toe protector thing about batsmen when they faced Waqar during the English County season during his stint with Glamorgan.Not too sure about Batsmen doing the same against Wasim,or if any Batsman did it on International Level.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Imran's and Wasim's yorkers are the most underrated - maybe because they used this weapon very rarely as they surely had many other options...but when they used it, they were as good as Garner or Waqar or Malinga...

Last edited:

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Imran's and Wasim's yorkers are the most underrated - maybe because they used this weapon very rarely as they surely had many other options...but when they used it, they were as good as Garner or Waqar or Malinga...
Are you serious? Wasim was a world-class yorker exponent acknowledged by all. Ask Robert Croft if you don't believe me! :laugh:

Imran, from what I gather, never bowled the yorker too much in tests. But then again, when you can swing the new ball and old both ways and bowl at genuine pace with accuracy and disconcerting lift, you don't need to exhaust all the arrows in your quiver.

salman85

International Debutant
That yorker to Robert Croft that wasn't given out lbw just HAS to be one of the greatest bowls ever bowled by a fast bowler.