View Poll Results: Who drafted the best team?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cevno

2 9.52%
  • Joao

5 23.81%
  • Blakus

2 9.52%
  • Himanv

8 38.10%
  • Blaze_18

2 9.52%
  • weldone

2 9.52%
  • weeman27bob

1 4.76%
  • flyonthewall

1 4.76%
  • King Kallis

13 61.90%
  • Howe_Zat

9 42.86%
  • Michaelf77777

3 14.29%
  • honestbharani

3 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alphabetical Draft - Voting Thread

International 12th Man weeman27bob's Avatar

Alphabetical Draft - Voting Thread

As it says on the thread title really.

Joao's Draft Team

Bill Ponsford
    Hashim Amla
    Brian Lara
    Sachin Tendulkar
    Michael Clarke
    Monty Noble
    Adam Gilchrist (+)
    Ray Illingworth (c)
    Andy Roberts
    Dale Steyn
    Courtney Walsh

Kerry O'Keefe

Cevno's Team

Vijay Merchant
    Javed Miandad
    Denis Compton
    Inzamam ul-haq
    Mohammad Azharuddin
    Aubrey Faulkner
    Alec Stewart
    Anil Kumble
    Wes Hall
    Joel Garner
    Waqar Younis

Chris Old

Blakus' Team

Bill Lawry
    Roy Fredericks
    Ricky Ponting
    Wally Hammond
    Gundappa Viswanath
    Garry Sobers
    George Ulyett
    Alan Knott
    Wasim Akram
    Bruce Yardley
    Clarrie Grimmett

Bhagwath Chandrasekhar

Himanv's Team

Sunil Gavaskar
    Frank Worrell(vc)
    Jacques Kallis
    Shivnarine Chanderpaul
    Warwick Armstrong
    Imran Khan(c)
    Keith Miller
    Jack Russell+
    Bobby Peel
    Michael Holding
    Frederick Spofforth

Grahap Yallop

Michaelf7777777's Team

WG Grace (*)
    Viv Richards
    George Headley
    Martin Crowe
    Seymour Nurse
    Norman O'Neill
    Les Ames (+)
    Ray Lindwall
    Alan Davidson
    Peter Pollock
    Brian Statham

Bert Ironmonger

Blaze's Team

Barry Richards
    Younis Khan
    Rahul Dravid
    Mahela Jayawardene (captain)
    Polly Umrigar
    Chris Cairns
    Syed Kirmani (wicketkeeper)
    Muttiah Muralitharan
    Shoaib Akhtar
    Sydney Barnes
    Frank Tyson

Daniel Vettori

Weldone's team

Arthur Morris
    Jack Hobbs*
    Ken Barrington
    KS Ranjitsinhji
    Clyde Walcott
    Kapil Dev
    Mike Procter
    Godfrey Evans+
    Iqbal Qasim
    Neil Adcock
    John Snow

Weeman27bob's Team

Bob Simpson
    Len Hutton*
    Dudley Nourse
    Eddie Paynter
    C.B Fry
    Tony Greig
    Farokh Engineer
    Hedley Verity
    Allan Donald
    Derek Underwood
    George Lohmann

Jacob Oram

Flyonthewall's Team

John Edrich
    Virender Sehwag
    Dilip Vengsarkar
    Doug Walters
    Allan Border (capt)
    Alvin Kallicharan
    Wilfred Rhodes
    Shaun Pollock
    Rod Marsh (wkt)
    Richard Hadlee
    Jack Iverson

Neville Quinn

King Kallis' Team

Shane Watson
    Gary Kirsten
    Don Bradman (c)
    Kumar Sangakkara (+)
    Colin Cowdrey
    Kevin Pietersen
    Andrew Flintoff
    Malcom Marshall
    Bill O'Reilly
    Fred Trueman
    Terry Alderman

Intikhab Alam

Howe_zat's Team

Victor Trumper
    Herbert Sutcliffe
    Richie Richardson
    Greg Chappell
    Graeme Pollock
    Ian Botham
    Bert Oldfield
    Shane Warne
    Zaheer Khan
    Adul Qadir
    Dennis Lillee

Makhaya Ntini

honestbharani's Team

Graeme Smith
    Graham Gooch
    Zaheer Abbas
    Everton Weekes
    Rohan Kanhai
    Andy Flower
    Stanley Jackson
    Hugh Trumble
    Curtly Ambrose
    Colin Croft
    Glen McGrath

Yuvraj Singh
    Last edited by weeman27bob; 23-01-2011 at 11:44 AM.

I think that should all be right, don't be surprised if it's not though.

Banned
    Voted for Joao and Himanv (and myself ).
    Last edited by Blaze 18; 23-01-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Banned
    Just to clarify, I didn't necessarily vote for the best side (feel free to discount my vote if you want). I voted for the two (I only voted for myself because I didn't want to end up with zero votes ) users who I felt made the best possible use of their resources, i.e the posters who I felt were a little unlucky with the order of the drafts - Joao apparently didn't have access to internet for sometime because of floods and what not, so that makes his effort all the more credible in my eyes.
    Last edited by Blaze 18; 23-01-2011 at 10:34 AM.

The Hobbs and Sutcliffe award for opening partnership - Three candidates here, as far as I believe. My opening pairing of Simpson and Hutton both average over 50 when opening the batting, Howe_zat's Sutcliffe and Trumper are also a quality pairing, but Weldone's pairing of Arthur Morris and Jack Hobbs win this one.

The "Three W's" Award for the middle order - No absoulte standout contenders here, with some top middle orders being, relatively, let down by one player. Unsurprisingly, the award goes to King Kallis and his middle order, thanks to that Australian. If there's an overall weak link, it's certainly here.

The combined Vettori and Harbhajan Singh award for lower order batting - Richard Hadlee averaged just a couple of runs under 30 in tests. He bats number 10 in Flyonthewall's team. 'Nuff Said.

The West Indies award for pace bowling - Some wonderful attacks in this draft. honestbharani's McGrath, Croft and Roberts. King Kallis' Flintoff, Trueman, Alderman and Marshall or Cevno's Hall, Garner and Younis. I think though, this award is shared between Blaze and Himanv for their wonderful pace attacks.

The subcontinent award for spin bowling - Howe_Zat's pairing of Qadir and Warne looks like an early front runner. My pairing of Verity and Underwood is also quality.Blakus also has a strong shout with all sorts of spin bowlers in his team. Ultimately though, I can't look beyond Howe_zat for this one.

The Gary Pratt award for best 12th Man -
    Toss up between Bhagwath Chandrasekhar and Bert Ironmonger in my eyes, with the Australian winning it.

I don't know if that will have helped anyone, but you know, I felt it necessary.

How many teams can we vote for? Like Himmanv's an KingKallis's teams best. Former has Imran, Miller and Kallis ffs . Latter has arguably the best fast bowler and unquestionably the greatest batsman, not to mention Fred Truman.

Can't decide between Himmanv and Michaelf7777777's teams. Former the better bowling attack, the latter the better batting lineup. Voted for both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeman27bob View Post
    The Hobbs and Sutcliffe award for opening partnership - Three candidates here, as far as I believe. My opening pairing of Simpson and Hutton both average over 50 when opening the batting, Howe_zat's Sutcliffe and Trumper are also a quality pairing, but Weldone's pairing of Arthur Morris and Jack Hobbs win this one.

The "Three W's" Award for the middle order - No absoulte standout contenders here, with some top middle orders being, relatively, let down by one player. Unsurprisingly, the award goes to King Kallis and his middle order, thanks to that Australian. If there's an overall weak link, it's certainly here.

The combined Vettori and Harbhajan Singh award for lower order batting - Richard Hadlee averaged just a couple of runs under 30 in tests. He bats number 10 in Flyonthewall's team. 'Nuff Said.

The West Indies award for pace bowling - Some wonderful attacks in this draft. honestbharani's McGrath, Croft and Roberts. King Kallis' Flintoff, Trueman, Alderman and Marshall or Cevno's Hall, Garner and Younis. I think though, this award is shared between Blaze and Himanv for their wonderful pace attacks.

The subcontinent award for spin bowling - Howe_Zat's pairing of Qadir and Warne looks like an early front runner. My pairing of Verity and Underwood is also quality.Blakus also has a strong shout with all sorts of spin bowlers in his team. Ultimately though, I can't look beyond Howe_zat for this one.

The Gary Pratt award for best 12th Man -
    Toss up between Bhagwath Chandrasekhar and Bert Ironmonger in my eyes, with the Australian winning it.

I don't know if that will have helped anyone, but you know, I felt it necessary.
    Got mentioned twice. Thank you sir
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

Voted for myself ( Bradman, Marshall, Trueman, O'Reilly ), Himmanv ( Kallis, Khan, Miller, Holding ) and Howe_zat ( Sutcliffe, Pollock, Botham, Warne, Lillee )

I also like the teams of Micheal777777 and Joao but didnt like the fact that they prefer to open with people who are not regular openers. ( Amla & Richards respectively )

Its a very very important job when it comes to test match cricket.

The "Cowboy Boots are back in" award for the most curiously re-occouring trend:

Goes to Joao, Cevno, Himmanv, Michaelf777777, Blaze18 and kingkallis for all contriving to pick a middle-order batsman as an opener. With the full range of openers ever to have played the game at their disposal, clearly effort was needed for them all to come to the same co-incidental cover tactic.

The "No Kill Like Overkill" Award for the most ridiculously thorough covering of one dicsipline:

Though I was also nominated for invoking the grand double-leggie theory, this award goes to Himmanv for picking no less than four seam-bowling allrounders as his competitors fought over the few that remained.

The "Elephant In The Room" Award for most hard-to-ignore feature:

No matter how hard you try and pick fairly and with the most tactical or artistic nous possible, the finest middle-order in the game goes to kingkallis for having the B-word in there. Evil.

The "Setting Fire To The Charity Auction" award for pure bastardry:

Awarded to kingkallis. See above.

The "Shoaib and Asif" award for dressing-room violence potential:

A thoroughly entertaining award to consider, kingkallis only just misses out after encouraging us to consider the row between Bradman and his nemesis O' Reilly without the ettiquette of the 1930s around them, and with the hopefully loud opinions of Shane Watson for additional ire.

However, the award of course goes to Blaze18 given that the eponymous fast bowler will inevitably fall out with, fight with and/or sleep with someone else in the team.

The "Run Over By An Ambulance" Award for most entertaining irony:

One of our number, honestbharani, has Yuvraj as his waterboy. That is joyous.

The "Greggs and Tetley's" Award for Yorkshire influence:

No team in the draft featured a great deal of Yorkshire input but for the efforts of Joao, who has done the noblest of decisions and allowed a countryman of mine to captain the side.

The "Finally getting round to it" Award for Best XI:

kingkallis, I'm afraid, who adds to an awesome middle order with an outstanding all-round bowling attack, and including some of my personal favourite cricketers of all time. And Shane Watson. Bastard.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Quite a few good teams here. Many teams had exceptional features to it but all had one or two flaws as well. Finally voted for honestbharani, weldone and Kingkallis. Cheers everyone, some great teams and a nice fast moving draft too.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Howe_zat's got the best team- there's no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    How many teams can we vote for? Like Himmanv's an KingKallis's teams best. Former has Imran, Miller and Kallis ffs . Latter has arguably the best fast bowler and unquestionably the greatest batsman, not to mention Fred Truman.
    Vote for both

U19 12th Man
    A few people on four votes and then one on eight. Damn you Don!

I like Himanv and Howzat the best, but that man ruins another draft as KK surely has the best team.
    Last edited by Joao; 23-01-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Didn't like the choice of Shane Watson opening the batting in KK's team otherwise would have voted for him - voted for Howe Zat instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information