• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wastemen etc

Who the better batsman

• Ajay Jadeja

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Mahmudullah

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, like I said I didn't agree with getting rid of him, he was still one of the best scorers in a fairly poor team. Maybe, in the end, he had to leave SACA's fairly poisonous environment to really kick on career-wise.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
TBF, think that his chances are summed up by the fact that Jamie Cox (now involved with SA cricket) told his former state Tasmania that they were just wasting their time with Cosgrove and that he'd only let them down.

This is the same man, who IIRC, will be having a say over Cosgrove's Australian selections chances.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
TBF, think that his chances are summed up by the fact that Jamie Cox (now involved with SA cricket) told his former state Tasmania that they were just wasting their time with Cosgrove and that he'd only let them down.

This is the same man, who IIRC, will be having a say over Cosgrove's Australian selections chances.
Insane stuff. Cant judge a batsman, cant judge a turning pitch. What good is he again? And I was a Cox fan all his career, but he has made some very odd decisions over the past few years.

Mike5181

International Captain
Pick him and play him at six. Better than Smith even with the weight issues. Jesse Ryder has been good for New Zealand and look at the problems he has/had.

miscer

U19 Cricketer
Can he be a genuine match winner with the ball during this world cup
true that.

BTW he was 500+ wickets at 25 in first class and 140 at 22 in list A how the hell has he not played a test or even ODI yet?? He's 31, what a waste! Im literally reading his stats in disbelief. What does a cricketer have to do to get a place in a match? Not like paul harris is brilliant or anything...

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
true that.

BTW he was 500+ wickets at 25 in first class and 140 at 22 in list A how the hell has he not played a test or even ODI yet?? He's 31, what a waste! Im literally reading his stats in disbelief. What does a cricketer have to do to get a place in a match? Not like paul harris is brilliant or anything...
Only just qualified.

tooextracool

International Coach
Im looking forward to watching him bowl to be honest. Could well be what South Africa needs to take a step ahead of that invisible marker that they seem to have put down in all forms of the game.

Xuhaib

International Coach
was alway pencilled in as a back up to Kaneria from his youth cricket days still find it hard to believe he will get so much recognition my only memories are seeing him getting tonked by Faisal Iqbal in an ABN Amro cup game.

smash84

The Tiger King
was alway pencilled in as a back up to Kaneria from his youth cricket days still find it hard to believe he will get so much recognition my only memories are seeing him getting tonked by Faisal Iqbal in an ABN Amro cup game.
tonked by Faisal iqbal.....thats dire???

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
He'll be better in tests which I'm more excited about. Tahir, Steyn and Morkel. That's a good looking attack on paper.

Xuhaib

International Coach
is also pretty tight with Salman Butt read a newspiece during the english tour that Waqar and Butt were trying to persuade him to get back in the Pakistani setup.