• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will replace s africa for the boxing day/new years eve test

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Probably either NZ or SL, possibly WI. Dont really have much choice, those three teams usually get early summer billing, along with Pakistan. Last summer was odd in that we've never had both WI and Pak touring here for tests in the same summer before. Always going to be an issue anyway, we cant rely on SA, India and England being strong and coming here for Boxing Day. But, we are hardly in the top tier now anyway so maybe we deserve a lower ranked team for our big xmas/new year tests!

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Have I turned over two pages at once here? :unsure:
SA don't want to tour Australia at boxing day anymore as they plan on making it a traditional game for them at home. Hence asking who will replace them for some boxing day tests.

robelinda

SL would certainly be better than NZ or WI. There were pretty good crowds last time SL played a Boxing Day test, well more than I expected anyway, seeing as they were a minnow back then.

robelinda

He didnt have many fans then! well maybe after day 1 of that test he got a few.....the hype was all Aravinda before that series, and he sure failed to deliver quite spectacularly.

brockley

International Captain
NZ usually open for india series.
Srilanka looks odds on,they are 5th or we're 2nd,nz tho sentimentality might get it.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
NZ playing the Boxing Day Test would be awesome. I just wish we had our own Boxing Day Test :(

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Over which Christmas?

Because i think India are expected to go their this year.
Every Christmas. South Africa have refused to tour Australia at Christmas because not having a home series at Christmas is bad for their coffers, and since Australia have refused to give up their Christmas Tests and tour South Africa over Christmas, South Africa have said they won't go to Australia.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every Christmas. South Africa have refused to tour Australia at Christmas because not having a home series at Christmas is bad for their coffers, and since Australia have refused to give up their Christmas Tests and tour South Africa over Christmas, South Africa have said they won't go to Australia.
It's understandable though - people actually go to our test matches.