Right, basically I had this really original idea which I totally though of myself ()
Around the world there are a few different Hall of Fames, each with their own criteria and each with their own flaws. For example the ICC HoF contains no cricketers pre-dating Grace and the Australian HoF focuses on players who have earnt at least 20 Test caps, meaning that Barry Richards wouldn't qualify if he were Australian (The fact Austraia never suffered expulsion from Test cricket aside )
Anyway, I see no reason why the posters of CW can not create their own Hall of Fame using some rather more open criteria.
- So long as they've been retired from the playing side of the game for 5 years, they're elligible.
- Each member can nominate up to 25 players
- The top 25 most nominate players will be up for induction to the CW HoF
- Each member will then vote for 10 of the 25 which they want to be inducted into the CW HoF
- All players who receive a vote from 50% of voters will be inducted into the Hall of Fame
Both the nominating and voting stages will be a week long.
The process shall happen once every 3 months for the first year, once every 6 months for th second year and then annually thereafter.