• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
But it's not when they least expect it. I mean it may be in their heads, but it's the one time in 10 odd years when the authorities have to look like they're actually doing something about it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Guys this is being discussed in the match fixing thread.

Surely mods merge this? Cannot keep up with match fixing discussion anymore. IT's going on in 3-4 threads.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah fair enough.

Still reckon it's the time when they're looking out for it most, even if they don't expect to find anything.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Not again...

The whole structure needs to fully inspected by a ICC led investigation as its gone past ridiculous should these new allegations be proved true.

Jacknife

International Captain
Just been reading about this on Cricinfo and most of the comments are unreal,things such as England need investigating for collapsing and it only happened because England lost.I can't understand how people come to such conclusions, when The Sun passed on information before the match started and is related to how Pakistan score in certain overs,nothing to do with how Umar Gul bowled.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
ICC have apparently confirmed, after the ECB petitioned them for assurance, that no members of the England team or management staff have been implicated in the alleged 3rd ODI misdeeds. Hmm.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I personally don't believe these latest allegations are true. Surely nobody is that unintelligent.

If it is the case though, the ICC need to come down like a ton of bricks and make an example of everybody involved. Ban Pakistan from internation cricket for 5 years if need-be. Anybody involved in match-fixing or spot-fixing, either during the game or as a behind-the-scenes ringleader should be given a life ban, no exceptions. Anybody else who knew about it but kept quiet should be given a 10 year ban.

As I said, I'm not convinced the latest allegations are true until they are proven. But if they are, it's time for ICC to start lashing out some life bans. Our game does not need this...

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I personally don't believe these latest allegations are true. Surely nobody is that unintelligent.

If it is the case though, the ICC need to come down like a ton of bricks and make an example of everybody involved. Ban Pakistan from internation cricket for 5 years if need-be. Anybody involved in match-fixing or spot-fixing, either during the game or as a behind-the-scenes ringleader should be given a life ban, no exceptions. Anybody else who knew about it but kept quiet should be given a 10 year ban.

As I said, I'm not convinced the latest allegations are true until they are proven. But if they are, it's time for ICC to start lashing out some life bans. Our game does not need this...
This. Don't want them in the World Cup next year if the latest allegations are proven.