• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thomson vs Botham vs Gillespie vs Gough vs Streak

My #1

• Total voters

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Jeff Thomson, Ian Botham, Heath Streak, Darren Gough, Jason Gillespie.

Ignore the batting/fielding/captaincy. Rank them purely as bowlers :-O

Himannv

International Coach
Voted for Thomson. Aggressive and a far more potent wicket taker compared to the others in that list.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Botham
Thomson(haven't seen much of him though)
Gillespie
Gough
Streak

But man getting his in balls >>>> All.:ph34r:

1) Heath Streak
2) Jeff Thomson
3) Ian Botham
4) Darren Gough
5) Jason Gillespie

If Streak had ever got someone good to support him on the other end,his record would've been much better.And my ranking is based on overall career,not just peaks or something.

Last edited:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
1) Heath Streak
2) Jeff Thomson
3) Ian Botham
4) Darren Gough
5) Jason Gillespie

If Streak had ever got someone good support him on the other end,his record would've been much better.And my ranking is based on overall career,not just peaks or something.
I don't know how you could have Gillespie as the worst bowler of the group. He is a better bowler then Gough, Streak and arguably Thomson and had better careers then those three aswell.

It's either Botham or Gillespie for mine. I voted for Gillespie because he is awsome.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Botham
Thomson(haven't seen much of him though)
Gillespie
Gough
Streak

But man getting his in balls >>>> All.:ph34r:
Tbf, a l ot of blokes who faced Thommo didn't see much of him either.

Overall:

Gillespie
Botham
Thomson
Gough streak

I don't know how you could have Gillespie as the worst bowler of the group. He is a better bowler then Gough, Streak and arguably Thomson and had better careers then those three aswell.

It's either Botham or Gillespie for mine. I voted for Gillespie because he is awsome.
IMO,They were bowlers of same class & there was only a little difference among them all.But I rate Streak as better than others so he has to be at the top.It isn't like being at the bottom makes him a poor bowler or something.