• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am getting away from cricket

Xuhaib

International Coach
Both personal and professional life seems to be getting busier by the day which means I am having less and less time for cricket ofcourse when you add the circus that Pakistan has been putting both on and off the field its not getting easier to maintain the love and dedication for the game.

Hopefully things will get stable and less frantic on both the fronts but unfortunatley givin the current situation don't see either of the things happening soon.

I must say it was a pleasure following/discussing cricket on this website for the past 5 years and hopefully I will return one day and resume posting regularly among some of the most knowledgeable cricket fans from all over the world.

Thanking all off you.:)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
You are awesome Xuhaib. Will be deeply missed and I hope you return soon.

Love,
Pratters.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
With the state WI has been in believe me i've wanted to throw in the towell too!! :laugh: , but this is how sport is, you have your ups and downs, granted there's been a lot of downs for both WI and Pak lately but what both teams have going for them is the emergence of talented youngsters, just look at Aamer?!! what a talent he is, and while these young players are learning and getting better the top sides will be losing key players due to old age very soon, that's why i'm still hopeful that the status quo won't remain in power for much longer, it will all even out soon enough.

Good luck with your hiatus though if that's what you wish to do.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You are awesome Xuhaib. Will be deeply missed and I hope you return soon.

Love,
Pratters.
AWTA.. you are one of the main reasons I put the Pak posters here as the best community, Xuhaib.. Hope you still find time to watch the odd game or two and drop in for an odd comment here and there at CW. :)

Xuhaib

International Coach
Thanks for the kind words Pratters and HB and as for those who feel it comes across selfish to abandon your side during the tough times. Yes the joke that is Pakistan cricket at the moment is influencing my decision somewhat but I also some other priorities which takes precedence over cricket atm. I will still be following the game mostly through Cricinfo and catching highlights here and there but I just don't have the time currently to watch it ball by ball religiously and discuss and analyze the details of the game.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I understand.. life often has a habit of getting in the way of your passion and the team is not doing anything to make it easier.

But you know, few years back, my fascination with cricket used to be hugely focussed on the performances of the Pakistan cricket team. When Pakistan crashed out of the 2003 World Cup, I lost all interest in the rest of the World Cup.

But gradually, just from having a lot of time to watch a lot of cricket, I began to appreciate a South Africa vs England series and when South Africa played England in 2004, that was one of the first neutral series I followed so closely.

So yeah..just hang in there...there are things to look forward to.. There are three reasons why I cannot give up on Pakistan cricket
1) Mohammad Aamer
2) Mohammad Aamer
3) Mohammad Aamer

I never saw Wasim at 18. I get to see Aamer at 18.

When work gets too stressful, the odd cricket match does help...look forward to have you back here soon :)

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Good luck in life Xuhaib.

Fantastic contributor in the Pakistan tour threads. Has the passion of a true fan, and yet could express his disappointments/excitements/love for the game without resorting to Asif >>>>>All :laugh:8-):happy:>>>

slowfinger

International Debutant
GL with life Xuhaib, got big boots to fill now :laugh:
Respect your desicion but with the team that is Pakistan you just can't not be assed- Reasons Pakistan have hope:
The team is very young, and if nurtured properly, could potentially be awesome.
If PCB realises cricket is real, and they give decent selections (i.e: Misbah, Younis, Alam etc) then one would think we would be the best in the world.
The fact that we produce these player (Akmals, Aamer etc) in this terrible taliban situation where people can't even play cricket warms my heart also.

Only once they are allowed to play in their own country will I feel order is restored.

Thanks for your posts!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Xuhaib IMO you should just pretend that Pakistan are only a bowling Test team. They'd be far more effective that way. Butt seriously I hope the love of cricket swindles you back here soon.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Hate to see you leave Xuhaib. There are very few regular Pakistani posters here and your contribution is always top notch. Although I understand your disillusionment, I hope you change your mind and return to post soon. Good luck mate and take care. :)