• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is BD good enough to join tier 3 now

Xuhaib

International Coach
their first bad game after a while I would still back Bangla to win a home test vs Pak,Nzl and Wi.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
their first bad game after a while I would still back Bangla to win a home test vs Pak,Nzl and Wi.
:huh: They were awful and soundly crushed in the first test match. Whilst they played the Windies 13th XI last year and still couldn't put them away with any conviction. Pak unless they are match fixing, would put them away in their sleep.

Xuhaib

International Coach
:huh: They were awful and soundly crushed in the first test match. Whilst they played the Windies 13th XI last year and still couldn't put them away with any conviction. Pak unless they are match fixing, would put them away in their sleep.
thought they were ok in the first game their bowling is not flash for these conditions otherwise could have cause few jitters when England chased 160 yes they are still loosing games but are not as poor as they use to be.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
And

Wi possibly. Pak and NZ are clearly better sides however.
Are you lot being serious? 8-) in the past year we've beaten England and put up a fight in Australia and all of a sudden Pak and NZ are better than us and Bang can beat us? :laugh: excuse me wasn't Pak soundly beaten in Oz? wasn't NZ also easily beaten at home to Australia? granted we haven't covered ourselves in glory in the short form of the game against South Africa recently (even though we should have won at least three games) but our best players forte remains the Tests and i'd expect us to put up a fight in the up coming Test series, despite having some of our best players missing.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
And

Are you lot being serious? 8-) in the past year we've beaten England and put up a fight in Australia and all of a sudden Pak and NZ are better than us and Bang can beat us? :laugh: excuse me wasn't Pak soundly beaten in Oz? wasn't NZ also easily beaten at home to Australia? granted we haven't covered ourselves in glory in the short form of the game against South Africa recently (even though we should have won at least three games) but our best players forte remains the Tests and i'd expect us to put up a fight in the up coming Test series, despite having some of our best players missing.
I think WI are clearly a better team than Ban, but I wouldn't put it past them to fail in Bangladesh given their current troubles. Its a possibility. No need to get offended.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And

No you haven't...in the past year, England haven't been beaten by anyone

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I think WI are clearly a better team than Ban, but I wouldn't put it past them to fail in Bangladesh given their current troubles. Its a possibility. No need to get offended.
I'm not getting "offended" i'm just putting some facts on the table, we aren't as bad as some people seem to be suggesting and our record over the past year and a half proves that.

NasserFan207

I'm not getting "offended" i'm just putting some facts on the table, we aren't as bad as some people seem to be suggesting and our record over the past year and a half proves that.
Ok. I think WI would win, but there's a possibility they could fail. Happy?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think Zimbabwe might be a better team.
Inclined to agree. It'd be close, currently. Think the Zimbas have more heart as a team too. Bangladesh's capitulation today was pretty unedifying, really. For Kayes to get out hooking for the second time in the match was unforgiveable. Siddons must have been doing his nut watching it.

pasag

RTDAS
And

You've made a good case. West Indies can join Tier 3.

NasserFan207

This forum is so biased. Two losses to the Zimboks, and yet nobody's asking the more pertinent question: Is India good enough to join tier 3? :ph34r:
They need to spend a few more years proving themselves against Ireland and Afghanistan imo. :ph34r: