• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

akilana

International 12th Man
The bowling God's ripping through the WI's batting line up. Woud like to see Benn bat later in the day.. which maybe in an hour or two.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Which one is Simon Taufel again?

didn't want to triple post: Ramdin will be hitting the scotch tonight, game to forget.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Steyn is awesome when he bowls at the tail. Should be a short chase for RSA in the 4th innings.

akilana

International 12th Man
I wish Steyn comes up and claims those cheap wickets SA don't have to chase more than 50 runs.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
West Indies are ahead by 5 runs with 4 wickets left, I have seen the West Indies play some very bad Cricket over the last few years, thinking about it now, this must be up there with the worst?,

got to feel for Chanderpaul again...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If DwSmith got dropped for his shot in an ODI against Zimbabwe, Ramdin and Deonarine have to be dropped for theirs today. I don't care that Deonarine has scored a few runs in this series. He's not scored anywhere near heavily enough to warrant a free ride. His dismissals have consistently been down to awful shot selection. And as for Ramdin, he's still the best gloveman in the region, but when Kemar Roach looks more assured at the crease...

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Depending on how long SA want to stay out there and malicious they are, it could be a fascinating morning of cricket. Something this series needs actually.

akilana

International 12th Man
And what's he done to be labled an "idiot" then? 8-) and furthermore does that give that prat Steyn the right to spit at him? :blink: like i said if he isn't punished then the ICC are plain prejudice, it's as simple as that.
He was riling up the SA players.. did that to Boucher.. then was laughing at Steyn. Later was having words with Prince and has a history of getting ugly with players. Therefore he is an idiot and prat.

Flem274*

123/5
Oh look Marc is talking for others AGAIN!! 8-) , for your information HE WROTE OFF BENN and then claimed MILLER AND JAGGAMOUTH ARE BETTER AND SHOULD REPLACE HIM, so trying to twist debates that you wasn't even involved in is quite frivolous imo,

And if he isn't a "passable Test bowler" then what does that say about Test sides such as England, Australia and South Africa who he's taken 4, 5 and now 6fers against in the last 18 months?!! :laugh:
CAPS LOCK. YOU DOES NOT NEED IT.

Generally passable test bowlers average under 40 and look threatening more often than sporadically. As others have said, the occassional five wicket bag doesn't mean much if a player is a liability the rest of the time.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
CAPS LOCK. YOU DOES NOT NEED IT.

Generally passable test bowlers average under 40 and look threatening more often than sporadically. As others have said, the occassional five wicket bag doesn't mean much if a player is a liability the rest of the time.
I have been on Benn's case a lot over the last 2 years and the fact remains he was unfairly given an opportunity ahead of 5/6 spinners who deserved it a lot more.

But he has 3 five wicket hauls in the last 5 tests and has really looked the part (I don't care what the stats say at the moment, I know cricket, and Benn is twice the spinner Harris is).

As for the 'incident', Benn is definitely an idiot, we all know this. But spitting at someone is unacceptable and should result in a ban of at least 1 test for Steyn. Anything other than that would be disgraceful and start to make me wonder, especially when you consider the on field decisions that have gone against us in this test.

Finally, I agree with Mr Mxyzptlk, Ramdin and Deonarine have to be dropped for those shots today. Ramdin has only weak competition but enough is enough. Deo is just plain stupid if he thinks he can play shots like that with Sarwan coming back from injury and Lil Bravo scoring runs for fun.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
If DwSmith got dropped for his shot in an ODI against Zimbabwe, Ramdin and Deonarine have to be dropped for theirs today. I don't care that Deonarine has scored a few runs in this series. He's not scored anywhere near heavily enough to warrant a free ride. His dismissals have consistently been down to awful shot selection. And as for Ramdin, he's still the best gloveman in the region, but when Kemar Roach looks more assured at the crease...
Nope that's an absolute myth now IMO, Hamilton and Walton are just as good behind the stumps as he is, Ramdin's glove work has been anything but great in the series and if he isn't dropped now it would be a damn miracle!!, i also agree that Deo hasn't done himself any favors at all, and neither has Nash to be honest!!.