• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Why aren't they allowed to use floodlights?
Apparently the local residents object.

Clarke looks in excellent form. Has found his timing very quickly. I'd be more than happy to see Clarke bat the day and make a century. Would prefer it if he didn't put on a big partnership with Katich though, not sure I could stomach a Katich century. Bring back Phil Hughes TBH. He might not be pretty to watch either, but he's way more entertaining than Katich.
WAC. Leave Katto alone; roughly 1,000,000 times less annoying to watch than Hughes.

Asif looks to have lost a yard to me? Never been lightening, but Aamer looks appreciably quicker.

Spark

Global Moderator

WAC. Leave Katto alone; roughly 1,000,000 times less annoying to watch than Hughes.

Asif looks to have lost a yard to me? Never been lightening, but Aamer looks appreciably quicker.
Definitely seems slower than when I last saw him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When did they change the spelling of Aamer's name to Amir?
Well he wasn't named in English so it might not have an official English spelling. He's still Aamer on cricinfo except on their HawkEye graffic. Eventually he'll pick one I guess, like Shakib/Saqibul did.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Ahh think this board has been through the 'if you don't like stadium lighting don't live near a stadium' thing a million times, shall leave it at that.

Still, they should all eat a lot of ****s.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Well he wasn't named in English so it might not have an official English spelling. He's still Aamer on cricinfo except on their HawkEye graffic. Eventually he'll pick one I guess, like Shakib/Saqibul did.
There seems to be a few discrepancies between English and native spellings. There's Younis/Younus, Muralitharan/Muralidaran and loads of others.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Its Aamer and Shakib

Going back to the match...Aamer is bowling brilliantly..if only he had more support from Asif and Gul who look out of sorts today

Spark

Global Moderator
There seems to be a few discrepancies between English and native spellings. There's Younis/Younus, Muralitharan/Muralidaran and loads of others.
They're transliterations based on how it sounds, so obviously different people will have different opinions on the spelling.

Woodster

International Captain
Aamer has cranked up the pace, touching 90mph now, and in the middle of a good spell and an intruiging battle with Clarke.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Oh, shot from Clarke there. Aamer overpitched a teeny fraction only, but ruthlessly dispatched through the covers.

Think Clarke's direness in the sortened forms a fair price to pay for him in this kinda nick in tests.

Spark

Global Moderator
50 for Katich, great innings. Not pretty but he's seen off the dangerous new ball.

9 tests in a row he's reached 50 now, incredible.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh, shot from Clarke there. Aamer overpitched a teeny fraction only, but ruthlessly dispatched through the covers.

Think Clarke's direness in the sortened forms a fair price to pay for him in this kinda nick in tests.
Yeah we'll take him averaging 52 in tests every day of the week

Just wish they'd get rid of him altogether from the shorter stuff and be done with it

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
50 for Katich. It's been a solid but slightly streaky innings from him, he has looked a lot better in the last half an hour though.

9 consecutive half centuries for Kato, so consistent :).

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They're transliterations based on how it sounds, so obviously different people will have different opinions on the spelling.
Yep. Scrabble dictionary is a never ending nightmare of words with tons of spellings. Phonetic memory + lots of spellings = very irritating.

Anyway sounds like this could be drifting into a bit of a no contest or high scoring draw. Pakistan need a spark from somewhere.

Spark

Global Moderator
100 partnership too. Exactly what we needed.

Hm. Katich really opening up now (mind you trash bowling from Afridi)

Last edited: