• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread 2010

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Grant Flower, WAG. Napier injured I'm guessing? Looks like Yorkshire should win that one pretty comfortably.

Not a bad innings from James Franklin, 133* opening the batting.

James Taylor's had a pretty disappointing start to the season hasn't he? Can't remember him doing much in his FC games so far and just out for a golden today.

More promising is Ian Bell's innings 80*(63) needing 109 more from 17 overs.
Looking around at other England players, Trott did ok to make 50 before getting out as did Steven Davies, Strauss was disappointing though. Good spell from Panesar it seems, even if he didn't manage a wicket.

Looking back at the Surrey/Lancs game, what a horrendous display of fast bowling. Nel, Meaker, Dernback, Powell, Mahmood. Horrible.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James Taylor's had a pretty disappointing start to the season hasn't he? Can't remember him doing much in his FC games so far and just out for a golden today.
88 in the first match of the season and they have only played 2 games.Averaging 30.Not bad but can do better.Early days yet though.

flibbertyjibber

Hamilton-Brown further justifying Surrey's faith in him - seems he is Sussex's loss after all
I'll wait till the end of the season to judge that one.They have taken a massive gamble on him but he obviously has lots of potential.The thing is if he was that good he would have been in the Sussex first class side more you would think.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Early days obviously, but I reckon his strength is probably in the one-dayers. Batting that is - his bowling is redundant in both formats with Batty + Schofield/Chawla in the side.
His career figures would suggest otherwise. Todays innings is his only career List A half century; yet he has 667 FC runs at 37.05 with 3 centuries. Has looked a very talented player whenever I've seen him, and I hope he continues to go from strength to strength as captain. Must have something about him if Chris Adams was so keen to get him over to Surrey as skipper. He's supposedly a natural leader of men, and if he can use the extra responsibility as captain to improve his batting performances then it will turn out to be a fantastic signing for Surrey. Definitely going to keep tabs on how he performs.

flibbertyjibber

Another young captain doing well this season is Gale at Yorkshire.Unbeaten in 3 championship games and got a ton in one of them and today is 78* in a partnership of 159 with Rudolph as Yorkshire look to be cruising chasing 233 to win.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
88 in the first match of the season and they have only played 2 games.Averaging 30.Not bad but can do better.Early days yet though.
Yeah, I know it was only after two games but was under the impression he'd failed in both innings of both matches. Forgot about the 88 :p

stumpski

International Captain
Warks romping home now, Troughton and Westwood have put on 61 in seven overs.

Surrey 236-3, needing 55 off eight.

stumpski

International Captain
Rain threatening at Croydon btw - Messrs Duckworth and Lewis could have the final say. Surrey just ahead at present.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Couple of late wickets made it interesting but Surrey should still win...think they need 23 off the last 3

Mahmood coming on, they could be home this over

Last edited: