• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

Ausfanintoronto

Cricket Spectator
Hello folks!:) Just found this great forum online today! Im stoked since I have been looking for a good one for quite a while!

Anyways here is the intro:

I was born in Bombay. Ended up falling in love with the sport when my uncle took me to watch WI vs SL @ the Wankhede in the Hero Cup...was only 8 then. Got to watch Lara score 66 and Tilakaratne score a 100. Played the sport at school level while I was in India....moved to Canada when I was 16 and have watched the sport grow purely based on the love of its fans...no thanks to the administration.

I love the Gentleman's game for the obvious reason but also due to the history. Btw I am a fan of the Australian Cricket team although I am an Indian (I know weird) and I catch a lot of flak for it. But I grew up watching Cricket during the Mark Taylor era and found no justification to cheer for Azhar's Indians. Nationality did not matter to me in a sport. So I am a die hard Aussie fan but love watching great players play regardless of the nation.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah we have a couple of fans from India who cheer for other teams. Whatever works for you.
Best Wishes Cobber.

pete66

Cricket Spectator
Hi all. My name's Pete, I live in England (actually working in Ireland at the moment). I only 'discovered' cricket about a year ago, but am really getting into it, and enjoying learning all about this fantastic sport! Afraid that probably means I won't have anything remotely intelligent to contribute for a while yet!

I don't have Sky Sports, so most of the cricket I've watched so far has been restricted to channel 5 highlights (including the World Cup) and Ashes DVD's.

I originate from Hampshire, and will be trying to follow them this season. Hoping to be able to go to a few matches if I manage to get back to England in the spring/summer.

I try to keep up with things on this site and cricinfo, and am trying to get more familiar with the county championship, the players etc (I've even been using the Cricket Coach game to try and get familiar with some of the players etc).

Look forward to reading and chatting on here.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Damnit Eds, I really wanted to do that to someone but couldn't think of a suitable candidate :(

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
Perth looking to actually finish on a competitive total now. Will be an interesting chase, they could even push to 160, which I would not have expected after watching their first 10 overs.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Graeme from South London, England here.

Cricket fan for nearly 40 years.

Played for many years (did some coaching too), now umpire at a good level of Club cricket.

Former member of Surrey CC as well.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey does this count as my first referral to Cricketweb, generally I just drive people away.

Anyway welcome BP, Surrey is seen as the Evil Empire around here by some though, be warned:)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Quality user name. Having a pissed mate pass out on his own curry always a sophisticated moment in the evening.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Hey does this count as my first referral to Cricketweb, generally I just drive people away.

Anyway welcome BP, Surrey is seen as the Evil Empire around here by some though, be warned:)
Surrey is the finest County of all - and can boast the best all time County XI:)

Quality user name. Having a pissed mate pass out on his own curry always a sophisticated moment in the evening.
The name is in honour of someone who did it, I kid you not, without fail.

Always paid though - never ate a mouthful:wacko:

unam

U19 12th Man
Hello Everyone,
I started watching cricket in 99 world cup mainly due to Shoaib Akhtar.I have been following this site for 5+ years, but just started posting. I support Pakistan and used to support Australia mostly because of Mark Waugh, Mcgrath and Ponting.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hello Everyone,
I started watching cricket in 99 world cup mainly due to Shoaib Akhtar.I have been following this site for 5+ years, but just started posting. I support Pakistan and used to support Australia mostly because of Mark Waugh, Mcgrath and Ponting.
Glad you have seen the light.:p