• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Hmmm, India have more than enough time though. If they don't make it, they have themselves to blame, not the light.
Disagree. The match should be 5 full days. Whether a team can win in 4 is irrelevant.

In other words, you could take 3 tailenders in 10 overs, let alone 20, but that doesn't mean they weren't hindered by light.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's with all the talk of bad light? Is it really overcast or something? I know it gets dark earlier in the subcontinent & they generally start games earlier, but it's still only 1.30

Stapel

International Regular
Disagree. The match should be 5 full days. Whether a team can win in 4 is irrelevant.

In other words, you could take 3 tailenders in 10 overs, let alone 20, but that doesn't mean they weren't hindered by light.
I agree with you that 450 overs shouls be bowled in test cricket.

What I meant to say is that, apart from being hindered by bad light, India seems to lack the bite to finish this off. And for that, they can blame themselves.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

What I meant to say is that, apart from being hindered by bad light, India seems to lack the bite to finish this off. And for that, they can blame themselves.
They only have 3 fit front-line bowlers and the wicket hasnt really deteriorated so I think you're being a bit harsh

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

/Shrug. They score 600, and they are leading by an innings and 100 runs....that's not bad in terms of bite.

Losing overs is part of cricket, India wouldn't have drawn the match in England if not for that, but on a flat pitch, you have to expect partnerships like this. I mean, South Africa, which we agree has a much better bowling attack, still took only six wickets in 153 overs...

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I know what you're saying, but I think had they more time they would have eventually taken the 3 wickets, even being this toothless. Adjusting blame to them for not keeping the pace to finish this off in 4 is still unfair IMO. They shouldn't have to keep this pace for a win. Many other teams won't have In other matches yet will have a win on their record for merely being unhindered by weather.

Stapel

International Regular
They only have 3 fit front-line bowlers and the wicket hasnt really deteriorated so I think you're being a bit harsh
Do you really think Aussies would play THIS way when in THIS position?

Taking off your only fast bowler when yout have just taken the new ball? Conservative fields?

social

Time to put the jinx on - Parnell looks like he has a bit of talent with the bat

Could be an excellent cricketer for the Saffies in the future

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

Taking off your only fast bowler when yout have just taken the new ball? Conservative fields?
If Australian fast bowler bowled like this, he wouldn't even be in this team. So no, they wouldn't play this way.

Agree, re: conservative fields though. Not the point however. 234/7...plus a few drops..criticizing that on a flat pitch is a bit harsh on the bowling attack.

social

As I've said before, I dont really rate Dhoni as a strategist at all - his field placings follow the ball and he is ridiculously defensive

Stapel

International Regular
I know what you're saying, but I think had they more time they would have eventually taken the 3 wickets, even being this toothless. Adjusting blame to them for not keeping the pace to finish this off in 4 is still unfair IMO. They shouldn't have to keep this pace for a win. Many other teams won't have In other matches yet will have a win on their record for merely being unhindered by weather.
Well, you're right about that, OTOH, as SilentStriker pointed out, India can thank their 2007(?) series win in england to the wheather gods.

Anyway, this is just great test cricet to watch!