• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tri-Nation ODI Series in Bangladesh

slowfinger

International Debutant
Remember when Ashraful came to our cricket club couple years back, when he wasn't too popular. All I was doing was asking him about his test series' against teams, and my mate just took his autograph and then got back to the nets.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Rather impressed by this thought they would get rolled after those four wickets, good guts from ash amazingly and Mahmulludah

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ashraful just out for a very well made 75 from 94 balls. Started slowly, but was striking the ball superbly once he got his eye in. Pretty silly run out though, but Bangladesh have a decent chance to win this game. Sri Lankas attack isn't crash hot..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Islam probably should have come in earlier, he smoked the Lankan bowling in that last over. LOL at him refusing to run on the second last ball of the innings though!

If Dilshan is out cheaply, I reckon Bangladesh will win.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
All the players in SL side are excellent against spin. If openers make a good start, the middle order will push, prod and nurdle the spinners.

Lostman

State Captain
Now Dilshan is injured.
I am not even sure if there is anyone left in the A squad to send to Bangladesh.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
For the next game, both India and SL should play weaker teams with reserve players, to try out before the final, and likewise the next match they play again. They can make the final by playing their best teams against Bangladesh and playing for big wins.

cricman

International 12th Man
I hope Mortaza gets better, our Pace Attack gets Horrible. Get Rasel in for the Next Match.

Can Some explain how dew is grown? I was watching close ups and it looked like there was honey on the grass.

Of all the Bdesh Batsmen, Tamim looked the most comfortable, he threw away an Easy 100 ... Ashraful looked the least comfortable but stuck it out and got better as the innings progressed. Hopefully one of these years it all clicks for him like it did for Sri Lankas new Master Batsmen Dillu.

Lakmal looks like very exciting new prospect, Tall Lanky ... Reminds me of Ishant

Sir Alex

Banned
Whoever thought of fixturing these games as DN needs his head examined. Noone except the ultra hardcore fan would dare to stay up watching these games under the light in the cold winter. Also, the dew starts to settle by 6 PM which renders the spinners of the team fielding last completely impotent.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
No point complaining now..if you are going to play day night matches in Bangladesh/Pakistan/India in winter..you are going to have dew.

Tamim once again threw away a start..Problem is, which is also true for some Pakistani batsmen now, once they get 40 they think they have played well..so when they get out, they dont feel that bad about themselves nor do they feel that hunger. Thats what stunts their development and growth as a player.

Bangladeshi pace attack is getting poorer by the day. Rubel Hossain has pace but was extremely wayward when I saw him against West Indies in July. Shahadat lost all his pace..was bowling at 75 when I saw him. Mortaza is injured more often than not. Rasel can hardly be called a fast bowler, although he bowls a good line and length and gets a wicket or two.
But this is something Bangladesh really need to work on..you cannot rely on left arm spinners to win you matches all the time..you need a genuine fast bowler.

bryce

International Regular
No one probably cares lol, but when I noticed this Randiv guy called up I was a little intrigued because there is on awful long line of spinners in Sri Lankan domestic circles and I had never heard of him. I started to look for the record of an offspinner I saw at the 2004 under-19 wc by the name of M.Suraj whom I have followed sporadically after being impressed by him all those years ago, merely wondering how he was going, but astoundingly could not locate his cricinfo page. After alot of searching and dead ends I typed the name into google and discovered this thread

:lightbulb

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
No one probably cares lol, but when I noticed this Randiv guy called up I was a little intrigued because there is on awful long line of spinners in Sri Lankan domestic circles and I had never heard of him. I started to look for the record of an offspinner I saw at the 2004 under-19 wc by the name of M.Suraj whom I have followed sporadically after being impressed by him all those years ago, merely wondering how he was going, but astoundingly could not locate his cricinfo page. After alot of searching and dead ends I typed the name into google and discovered this thread

:lightbulb
Gun detective work

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
This is what some of us would call a rather sad innings. It was going on at a fast pace, but wickets slowed it down, to the level that Yuvraj and Dhoni crawled to a 99-run partnership, and then Dhoni was out. Then a very scratchy partnership between Yuvraj and Raina began, and Raina was almost adjudged caught-behind, only for the decision to be overturned because the ball hit the ground within an inch from the gloves. We'd expect this rookie attack to struggle aganist two lefthanders, but the lefthanders are struggling here. It seems the Indians have had so much going their way, but have made no use of it.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
:detective

Lol, I had to find out otherwise I wouldn't have been able to sleep haha
I too had my doubts- initially, I thought Mohammed Suraj was a quickie, and then this comes up. I had a hint when a commentator (Lankan?) called him Mohammed Suraj. This is quite a find, then.