• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

pasag

RTDAS
Great stuff from Paine, struggled a bit in the late 90s, but got there eventually.

Hussey doing very nicley as well, no reason he can't go on for one here.

Sylvester

State Captain
Easily the best knock by Paine, whoever told him to stop moving around the crease should be credited with this 100. His technique is very sound that he doesn't need to move around the crease until around this stage (30th over).

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
See what i mean...................On what basis is Sidebottom still in this team................someone said before, because there is no one else........LOL......bring back Darren Gough....LOL just got wacked for 3 fours...

King Pietersen

International Captain
Problem is, if we ditched Sidebottom, who would we bring in? Onions definitely shouldn't be in the side given his meager domestic record, and the only other options in county cricket are Mahmood, Napier and erm Plunkett? Our lack of bowling options in OD cricket is quite worrying.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Vaughan (if I recognised the voice correctly) was saying on TMS that Mahmood would be in the team by the world cup. I wouldn't mind giving him a go, I've heard him talked up a lot lately.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Vaughan (if I recognised the voice correctly) was saying on TMS that Mahmood would be in the team by the world cup. I wouldn't mind giving him a go, I've heard him talked up a lot lately.
Mahmood is always talked up when he's not in the team. People eventually just forget how **** he is.

King Pietersen

International Captain
He has bowled well in List A cricket for Lancs this season tbf. Got a very good record. I just wish Alfonso Thomas was English, awesome death bowler.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
^ He certainly has the pace.......but again.....i don't know what happens to English players once they hit the international turf....is it too much pressure? but that should be on the soccer players!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That useless sack of crap is always talked up. He was awful during the Lions tour to New Zealand and next thing he's in contention for a Test spot.

Onions you can't take much notice of his record because he's improved massively in the last season or two. But he simply has to play some limited overs stuff first before you can say whether it has carried over to that format or not.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Mahmood is always talked up when he's not in the team. People eventually just forget how **** he is.
He was poor a couple of years ago as a new player coming into the team, but I don't think that means he doesn't deserve another chance. At least he takes wickets, even if he is expensive.

Though it would be nice if we could have actually got Anderson, Broad and Sidebottom going together in this series for a few matches to see how they went.

grecian

Wouldn't mind Saj in Limited overs games, TBH. I always thought his first spell in the longer forms were okay, but he just didn't seem to have the penetration later in the day. His little bit of reverse pace is handy when teams are trying to attack, shouldn't really worry Class batsmen when they're defending.

Just don't let him near the Test arena.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
That useless sack of crap is always talked up. He was awful during the Lions tour to New Zealand and next thing he's in contention for a Test spot.

Onions you can't take much notice of his record because he's improved massively in the last season or two. But he simply has to play some limited overs stuff first before you can say whether it has carried over to that format or not.
I'd 100% not like to see him in tests. But the guy's averaged 22 in the 50-over stuff and 23 in the 40-over stuff (and 22 in the T20) this season, and for some reason we've picked Onions in the one-day squad who hardly ever plays the short stuff!

Scaly piscine

Can't believe England are 4.33 - should be about 10 chasing this with their batting. Surely can't fluke two games in a row where *everyone* gets in before throwing their wicket away.