• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Andrew Strauss, England's best (current) ODI player. That tells you everything.

Very poor standard of cricket so far this series.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best player in all forms by an awful lot at the moment, shows how well Strauss has done since his return to the side but as you say it is a pretty bad reflection on the rest of the side.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Unless they get injured, none of the England batsman can be replaced for the Champions Trophy, so even discussing possible alternatives for the rest of this series is irrelevant.

A 7 zip defeat here and royal he-****ing in the Republic might open the selectors eyes.

Pothas

Is Trott in the squad for the Champions trophy or not? I am sure I remember him being called into the squad to replace Fred for this series but he has no appeared.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
He was called up just for the Ireland game (as Strauss and few of the other guys were 'rested'). Onions got the call for Fred instead.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Presumably England are waiting for the tail to appear before calling for the PowerPlay? :sleep:

Morgan is very easy on the eyes. Reminds me of JP Duminy when he is cover driving.

pasag

RTDAS
Think this is the worst batting effort I've seen in a long time. Goes from fantastic opening batting to this rubbish.

grecian

Wright getting out to Hopes, it really is a world of fail out there8-)

Still if Clarke can bat 30 overs we can still win this:)