• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Members outside of the draft would take little interest in our poll.

Look at the voting for the Families Draft, zilch.

Eager for tonights results, James_W and Social to battle it out for the win I feel.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
RESULTS

Tied 8th
Samuel_Vimes and Neil Pickup 0 points

7th
Goughy 1 point

6th
fredfertang 2 points

5th
Biased Indian 3 points

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
4th
Noble One 7 points

3rd
Michaelf7777777 8 points

2nd
Social 14 points

WINNER
James_W 19 points

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Excellent thread. Congrats to James_W. :) Cant remember if I placed him 1st or not. Certainly had him in the top 3.

Disappointing result for my XI. I guess thats what happens when you go for high quality but low profile bowlers. Id still argue that my XI had great depth and balance but I readily concede that I didnt have the superstars or legends that stand out.

Im ready for Sheep Draft 2 :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah awesome work James_W !!

I felt like the top 2 teams were very deserving of their places,

Overall it was very pleasing to see some very interesting teams with players from all eras and skills.

Sheep Draft 2 will happen, I could start it soon really especially if we changed to ODIs. Everyone who took part in this one will definitely be involved in it if they like.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hard to argue with not getting any points. Should have dared a bit more.

Think my batting ranks up there but I just didn't have the bowlers or a standout keeper.

Ftr, I'd rank them

James_W
Michael
social
BI
Goughy
fertang
Noble One
Vimes
Pickup

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Congrats to James_W.

Very pleased with my 4th place finish. Not the most well rounded side, but an A+ middle order must have convinced enough people.

Ready for Sheep Draft part 2.

Best feature of this draft is the pace of it. Every single day you had a choice to make, never stuck waiting for someone to make a turn. You could easily increase the number of participants and it would only increase the fun.

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
Cheers for all the congrats lads, was really fun doing this. I think everyone did very well, some people got a bit unlucky. I think what done it for me was going for the obvious ones in hope that no one else would pick them. I even tried to get Malcolm Marhsall in the died under 50 question (:(), unfortunately didn't quite work but yeah I'm chuffed people liked my team and well done to everyone who took part for helping this awesome idea turn into a draft that never got boring. And I've said it before, but I'll say it again, thanks alot NUFAN, without you and your original idea/hacking through e-mail after e-mail this obviously couldn't have happened.

Overall, top effort lads.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hard to argue with not getting any points. Should have dared a bit more.

Think my batting ranks up there but I just didn't have the bowlers or a standout keeper.

Ftr, I'd rank them

James_W
Michael
social
BI
Goughy
fertang
Noble One
Vimes
Pickup
Bugger off, we're equal last.

biased indian

International Coach
Ready for SD 2 .....i could have a much better side ...missed out on chance to have McGrath and Dravid which i could have easily had..if i had not changed my selection in the last minute before sending mail...in the end my batting was little thin and it made all the difference

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Doesn't sound quite as much fun as the last one but NUFAN needs to be encouraged to carry on creating such enjoyable distractions so ...............

baaaaaaaaa