• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
That's what makes this game work so well.

Viv Richards would probably be the best ODI player to have taken 6 wickets (well right up there) and I don't think anyone was prepared for someone else to have him.

I was actually thinking that each round I select a Black Sheep, a player that no one else can pick, this will make it harder, does anyone have a problem with me doing this?

I can email someone else like Cribbage just in case.
I prefer the levelling of having someone like Viv available - do you take the risk, knowing that everyone else is thinking the same?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I prefer the levelling of having someone like Viv available - do you take the risk, knowing that everyone else is thinking the same?
I would keep my selection quiet until someone else picks him or the round is finished.
I wouldn't necessarily pick the best player, I would mix it up all the time.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah it is okay the way we are I agree, but think it might be more fun for me if I have the ability to ruin your teams a little bit more. :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Round 2b
Passed: Noble One, fredfertang, Jamee999, James_W, Samuel_Vimes.

Failed: Michaelf7777777 (Lance Klusener chosen by Noble One round 2a), Biased Indian (Shaun Pollock chosen by James_W in round 2a) Neil Pickup (failed to pick)

Banned Player: Viv Richards

The 3 draftees without a successful pick have 22 hours to pick for selection 2c.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Quick games a good game so I'll do questions 3 and 4 now.

If 2c and 3a or 4a have the same person selected 2c will be a pass, is that clear?

Selection 3a
You are required to select a Cricketer with a career batting strike rate of over 85.00

Selection 4a
You are required to select a Cricketer who was under 19 years old on ODI debut.

Don't forget for 3a that Pollock, Richards and Klusener have already been confirmed and 2c's answer is included over 3a's or 4a's. Cheers :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Quick games a good game so I'll do questions 3 and 4 now.

If 2c and 3a or 4a have the same person selected 2c will be a pass, is that clear?
And if 3a and 4a have the same person selected, the one who picked him on 3a gets him?

Also: no 19-year-olds available for 4?

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
And if 3a and 4a have the same person selected, the one who picked him on 3a gets him?

Also: no 19-year-olds available for 4?
Yes 3a is selected and 4a would not be.

Question 4 the person has to be under 18 years and 365 days.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Results

Round 2c
Noble One - Lance Klusener
fredfertang - Ajantha Mendis
Jamee999 - Sanath Jayasuriya
James_W - Shaun Pollock
Samuel_Vimes - Allan Donald
Michaelf7777777 - Abdul Razzaq
Biased Indian - Imran Khan
Neil Pickup - Shahid Afridi

Round 3a
Noble One - PASS
fredfertang - FAIL Trescothick
Jamee999 - FAIL Trescothick
James_W - PASS
Samuel_Vimes - FAIL Tendulkar
Michaelf7777777 - PASS
Biased Indian - FAIL Tendulkar
Neil Pickup - PASS

Round 4a
Noble One - FAIL Saqlain
fredfertang - PASS
Jamee999 - PASS
James_W - FAIL Saqlain
Samuel_Vimes - FAIL Vettori
Michaelf7777777 - FAIL Vettori
Biased Indian - FAIL Saqlain
Neil Pickup - FAIL Razzaq chosen 2c.

BANNED PLAYERS
Viv Richards, Marcus Trescothick, Sachin Tendulkar, Saqlain Mushtaq, Daniel Vettori.

In the next 24 hours
No one was successful with both 3a and 4a. Samuel_Vimes and Biased Indian need to repick in both!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah many match winners from round 2. Biased Indian must be very happy getting Imran with his last pick!

Is the results layout better this way? It's easier for me and looks better IMO. Please have questions 3b and 4b in the next 23 hours. :)