• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I loved the first one but ODIs are not really my thing. Happy to step aside and let someone else take my place :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
6 out of 7 so far, not baaaaad.

In an effort to get a few more people, could a mod please change the title to
- Sheep Draft 2 - ODI edition.

Thank you :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cheers for the edit.

In SDII, we'll have a 13 man squad and also pick a stadium, so 14 rounds in total - 2 rounds per day.

3 misses in a single round will result in a draftee selecting someone for you, except for selection 1 where 2 misses means someone is picking for you.

If the same person is selected in say round 1b and 2b, the person in the earlier round will be chosen. If someone is chosen in 1c and 2b - 2b's would count.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Selection 1a
You are required to select any venue who has staged an ODI.

Selection 2a
You are required to select any bowler who has taken 6 or more wickets in an ODI match.

Please send your picks to sheepdraft@hotmail.com - you have until Monday 6:00pm Aussie time to get in your votes.

It's not too late to enter this comp, the more the merrier.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry Nufan, I'll have to step aside as I'm have a lot of work and travel commitments in the next fortnight

Should be another cracker

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Shall get mine in later tonight. Hopefully I won't miss quite so many but as it is still term time I am likely to be buggered again...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Received emails from Michael7s, Noble One, Vimes, fredfertang and Jamee999 with almost 24 hours to go.

Goughy you sure your not going to play..

biased indian

International Coach
sent

Edit: had problem with my first 2 mails please consider the third one OK

in fact i have a doubt whether my third mail also have come properly :(

if you did get any from my gmail account please consider it any way i am sending one from my yahoo account as well

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cheers Biased Indian, I got all 5 of your emails.

Round 1a
Michaelf7777777 - Westpac Stadium, Wellington
Noble One - Sharjah
Samuel_Vimes - Springbok Park, Bloemfontein
fredfertang - Old Trafford, Manchester
Jamee999 - Grace Road, Leicester
Neil Pickup - County Ground, Taunton
James_W - MCG, Melbourne
Biased Indian - Eden Gardens, Calcutta.

Round 2a
Passed: Noble One, fredfertang, Jamee999 and James_W
Failed: Michaelf7777777, Samuel_Vimes, Neil Pickup, Biased Indian all picked Viv Richards.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Amazed at the support for Viv Richards. Everyone must think alike, "bowlers question, I'll go sneaky and select a batsman with a 6fer".

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's what makes this game work so well.

Viv Richards would probably be the best ODI player to have taken 6 wickets (well right up there) and I don't think anyone was prepared for someone else to have him.

I was actually thinking that each round I select a Black Sheep, a player that no one else can pick, this will make it harder, does anyone have a problem with me doing this?

I can email someone else like Cribbage just in case.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I'm ok with that. Anything to increase the chances of teams including obscure ODI players.

This draft is not about simply selecting 11 fantastic cricketers. More making do with the options available.