• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shaun tait to go english

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Should stay and fight for his place in Australia. It's not as if they've said they aren't going to pick him. It's fair enough that he loses his contract because he's hardly played, even at state level, since the 2007 WC.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Just read the article and there was no mention of him considering playing for the poms...

Howsie

International Captain
Shaun has been told he got a one-day ranking but was not when the formula was put together in the 25 contracted players," he added
He won't go any where, but I could understand if he was pissed about missing out on all that IPL money.

Howsie

International Captain
"I am pretty ready to go. If I was to play cricket tomorrow I could wheel myself out," Tait said.
Why doesn't he do it then, can he just join the IPL now.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBH the bigger issue is playing for Aus in England. Definitely is rough that he was being told to get ready to play over there and then losing his contract. The decision to not let him play IPL was proper, especially if the selectors had intentions of him easing his way back for a tilt at England. Now it's all confused; is he a wanted player for England or not?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I can understand Tait's frustration with missing out on IPL money and then a CA contract. I would probably feel the same.

However, it is more annoying than wrong. The facts are that he was under contract and that contract was not renewed.

Howsie

International Captain
TBH the bigger issue is playing for Aus in England. Definitely is rough that he was being told to get ready to play over there and then losing his contract. The decision to not let him play IPL was proper, especially if the selectors had intentions of him easing his way back for a tilt at England. Now it's all confused; is he a wanted player for England or not?
Well yes, but they don't want to give him a central contract. Tait should grow up a little here.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he thinks he deserves a contract then he's not being realistic.
White got one. What did he do to deserve it? He didn't score many runs against NZ or SA, bowled fewer overs than part-timers and was dropped with no sign of being picked again any time soon.

Don't H8 the Tait.

Well yes, but they don't want to give him a central contract. Tait should grow up a little here.
Don't disagree with the latter but it is a little weird that a player being asked to prepare for an international tournament isn't supported by a contract.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
White got one. What did he do to deserve it? He didn't score many runs against NZ or SA, bowled fewer overs than part-timers and was dropped with no sign of being picked again any time soon.

Don't H8 the Tait.

Don't disagree with the latter but it is a little weird that a player being asked to prepare for an international tournament isn't supported by a contract.
At least he was able to perform over a domestic season.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think it's confused. Warner's in the T20 WC squad and he doesn't have a contract. The selector guy made it quite clear players without contracts can be picked, so if Tait gets fit, bowls well in the Aus A series / county matches then he could still play in the ODIs in England, they're not until September.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Gayle's found himself a fan, anyway:

"Tait said he could not disagree with Gayle's statement as his playing future seems closely tied to the shorter forms of the game.

"It's a pretty big call coming from a Test captain, pretty amusing really, but I think he's probably spot-on," Tait said."

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gayle's found himself a fan, anyway:

"Tait said he could not disagree with Gayle's statement as his playing future seems closely tied to the shorter forms of the game.

"It's a pretty big call coming from a Test captain, pretty amusing really, but I think he's probably spot-on," Tait said."
"Twenty20 is better than Tests" to become new catchphrase for cricketer who has spur-of-the-moment annoyance.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Don't H8 the Tait.

Well, White was available and not injured so I'd say that's a good start :happy:

I agree it's strange he's in there too, he doesn't seem to provide a lot to the team. But I wouldn't have Tait in there for him either. Given Tait's action requires him to do a lot of bowling for him to achieve a little bit of consistency, and every time he does a lot of bowling he breaks down it seems, I think the decision is a good one.