• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Saeed Ajmal reported for chucking

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His doosra does look worth checking out for me. No worries of course, if his action's legal then he'll be cleared and there'll be no harm done.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Does look like the Doosra's a chuck, but then so do others. It's an annoying system now because he keeps playing, and who knows if he's legal or not. It's a shame that there's no way of sorting things out quickly.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Murali, Bhaji, Botha, Ajmal....the Aussies really don't like it when spinners do well against them...

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Soon there won't be any set of fans or players complaining about bowlers who chuck, because every team will have a player doing it. :p

Polo23

International Debutant
Murali, Bhaji, Botha, Ajmal....the Aussies really don't like it when spinners do well against them...
Don't recall the Aussies having a problem with Vettori who generally always does well against them. Though, that's not surprising because Vettori is one of the only spinners in the game to have a clean action.

Not surprised Ajmal has been reported, his action looks incredibly dodgy.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Chicking is over-rated and I think it should be left with the ICC and the player himself.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow, there's a surprise. I saw him bowl one ball on the news here the other day and thought, "That looked a bit funny". But then the next one didn't look too bad.

I think getting angry at the players or umpires is ridiculous. The player and his team are responsible for whether his action has been checked and worked on before he gets to this point.

duffer

I think his action needs to be looked at but also thnk a fellow pro going out of his way to potentially screw another one's career like that is a dick move of the highest order. If he wants to report people tell him to go become an umpire.

Son Of Coco

I think his action needs to be looked at but also thnk a fellow pro going out of his way to potentially screw another one's career like that is a dick move of the highest order. If he wants to report people tell him to go become an umpire.
Did that actually happen though?

If his action's clean then his career's not in threat. It's incredibly annoying seeing someone with what you think is a suspect action bowling to you (especially if you can't hit it :happy:). I'd have no problems with someone saying "Does that look ok to you?" to an umpire. The umpire's well within his rights to tell the player to just worry about playing cricket. And I highly doubt an umpire would take issue with an action solely on the complaint of one player. Did Watson also talk to the 3rd and 4th umpires? His influence in the game is certainly on the rise if he can manufacture something like this.

I don't think it helps the game if players are prevented from voicing their concerns about any issue to the appropriate official. Given he can't be called in game and seemingly isn't affected until he does some form of testing, his career isn't exactly torn to shreds by this.

duffer

Did that actually happen though?

If his action's clean then his career's not in threat. It's incredibly annoying seeing someone with what you think is a suspect action bowling to you (especially if you can't hit it :happy:). I'd have no problems with someone saying "Does that look ok to you?" to an umpire. The umpire's well within his rights to tell the player to just worry about playing cricket. And I highly doubt an umpire would take issue with an action solely on the complaint of one player. Did Watson also talk to the 3rd and 4th umpires? His influence in the game is certainly on the rise if he can manufacture something like this.

I don't think it helps the game if players are prevented from voicing their concerns about any issue to the appropriate official. Given he can't be called in game and seemingly isn't affected until he does some form of testing, his career isn't exactly torn to shreds by this.
Oh I can see the logic behind, but it's still a wanker thing to do just because you can't pick the guy. As someone who had plenty of career setbacks himself to go out of his way and do it to potentially force one on another guy is borderline hilarity.

Son Of Coco

Oh I can see the logic behind, but it's still a wanker thing to do just because you can't pick the guy. As someone who had plenty of career setbacks himself to go out of his way and do it to potentially force one on another guy is borderline hilarity.
I'm sure I just read somewhere the 4 umpires all voiced concerns.

I think injury is totally different to the throwing dramas, but each to their own. I have no problem with anyone being forced to review their action if it's deemed to be dodgy and I'm not too concerned with how that comes about. There's generally always some players mumbling about the action before something happens isn't there? It's just that usually a representative of the team that isn't the players is the one who says something about it. I thought certain members of the Kiwi team had something to say about Tait's action not so long ago.

duffer

There's generally always some players mumbling about the action before something happens isn't there? It's just that usually a representative of the team that isn't the players is the one who says something about it. I thought certain members of the Kiwi team had something to say about Tait's action not so long ago.
I'm not sure lodging a formal complaint as per ICC process equates to having a cry during a match to the umpires, which is where I think he's stepping over the line between concentrating about playing the game and wanting to officiate it for himself.

Son Of Coco

I'm not sure lodging a formal complaint as per ICC process equates to having a cry during a match to the umpires, which is where I think he's stepping over the line between concentrating about playing the game and wanting to officiate it for himself.
It obviously didn't work too well for him as he lost concentration on what he was doing and got out soon after to one that turned straight.

Personally I don't mind it being mentioned during the game if a player has obvious concerns as it's immensely frustrating. Not that there's anything an umpire can do about it at the time of course. Watson did let his emotions get the better of him though and knuckling down to make sure he didn't get out might have been the better option in hindsight. Having a quiet word instead of getting the ****s and waving his arms around might have been a good idea too :happy: