• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Imagine If.....

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Provoked by the Botha thread.

I wonder how the game would change if certain rules were done away with and I think it'd also be fun to speculate who'd excell witht he rule changes.

The example I gave in the other thread was the LBW law.

Imagine if the LBW law was dusted and batsmen could score with their pads. It'd make for some interesting viewing if someone booted a six down the ground. Of course, all you'd have to do is play quick bowlers and stack the field around the batters because any deflection from the pad would be catchable and I'm not sure how that could be combatted but it's a pretty cool sight to imagine a side-kick for four through point. Reckon Paul Collingwood would have a decent boot on him.

Any others?

Howsie

International Captain
Imagine if New Zealands fast bowlers didn't always get hurt, and imagine if Daniel Vettori could actually spin the ball more then a mm.

DingDong

State Captain
Imagine if the wickets were made of chocolate. You'd have to put a new set of stumps in every over. Hahahahaha........:blink:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain

I wonder how the game would change if certain rules were done away with and I think it'd also be fun to speculate who'd excell witht he rule changes.

Imagine if the LBW law was dusted and batsmen could score with their pads. It'd make for some interesting viewing if someone booted a six down the ground. Of course, all you'd have to do is play quick bowlers and stack the field around the batters because any deflection from the pad would be catchable and I'm not sure how that could be combatted but it's a pretty cool sight to imagine a side-kick for four through point. Reckon Paul Collingwood would have a decent boot on him.

Any others?
This would work to the advantage of cricketers with an AFL background. Simon O'Donnell could hold the record for the longest six 'hit' ever hit at the MCG, along with the furthest 'boot' of a cricket ball at the MCG.

cricman

International 12th Man
If the LBW as abolished than the Batsmen shouldn't wear Pads, that would be fun to watch.

If Cricket was played with Baseball Gloves ... Would make a huge difference in slip fielding

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Any others?
Haha, if you made the pads = a bat then it could work. At least you could still get them out. I'd like to see the roundhouse kick for 6. Geez it would hurt though if it came off the boot instead of the pad. Could see a whole top order out with broken feet :happy: If they wear jousting outfits then I'm all for it.

Son Of Coco

This would work to the advantage of cricketers with an AFL background. Simon O'Donnell could hold the record for the longest six 'hit' ever hit at the MCG, along with the furthest 'boot' of a cricket ball at the MCG.
They could leave the AFL posts in at the MCG and have the shot count as a boundary and a goal/behind for bonus points. Players could then branch out into both sports.

Son Of Coco

Imagine if for one ball an over anyone could deliver it from anywhere on the field. No more tapping down spots on the pitch between balls.

jondavluc

State Regular
Imagine if the wickets were made of chocolate. You'd have to put a new set of stumps in every over. Hahahahaha........:blink:
Could you imagine the commentary.

Mark Nicholas
"Oh deary me the pitch is beginning to melt and their bringing on the tinfoil this is really unfortunate"

Geoff Boycott
" Back in my day we didn't have tin foil pitches.The kids these days can only imagine how hard it was to run for a single as the chocolate beneath you melt. I tell you their was a lot of leg cramps .Sometimes the ball wouldn't even come on to the bat!."

Sunil Gavaskar
"Why are the pitches always brown chocolate why can't they be white chocolate.For once I would like to see brown man on top of white."

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach

Mark Nicholas
"Oh deary me the pitch is beginning to melt and their bringing on the tinfoil this is really unfortunate"

Geoff Boycott
" Back in my day we didn't have tin foil pitches.The kids these days can only imagine how hard it was to run for a single as the chocolate beneath you melt. I tell you their was a lot of leg cramps .Sometimes the ball wouldn't even come on to the bat!."

Sunil Gavaskar
"Why are the pitches always brown chocolate why can't they be white chocolate.For once I would like to see brown man on top of white."
:naughty:

was obvious tbh

Son Of Coco

Mark Nicholas

Geoff Boycott

Sunil Gavaskar

:laugh::laugh:

"One of me teammates broke a tooth on a chocolate-covered ball. He thought it was a malteaser".

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Imagine if players could not attempt a catch with there hands. Between the teeth only.

Just got a cold shiver from the thought.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
What if each home Test team had to be made up exclusively of players from within a 100 mile radius of the particular ground?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Imagine if every shot was awarded style points on a scale of 1-10 and that was converted into a style bonus of (scoring shot x style points/10)

So if you hit a 4 and were awarded 8 style points then you would get a bonus of 4 x .8 = 3.2

Total runs scored = 7.2

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
With the bonus going only to the batsman and not against the bowler, I trust?

How about if bowlers had runs which were from patently unintentional shots deducted from their tally? That'd be good. Or better still, if batsmen lost four runs for an edge to the boundary rather than gained it.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Imagine if every shot was awarded style points on a scale of 1-10 and that was converted into a style bonus of (scoring shot x style points/10)

So if you hit a 4 and were awarded 8 style points then you would get a bonus of 4 x .8 = 3.2

Total runs scored = 7.2
Mark Waugh already petitioning the ICC to have this retrospectively applied to his career numbers.