• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Families Draft

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Gary Kirsten and his half brother Peter Kirsten.

Solves my opening batsmen.

Team so far

1 Gary Kirsten
2 Peter Kirsten
3 Andy Flower
4 Clive Lloyd
9 Lance Gibbs
10 Alec Bedser

13 Grant Flower
14 Eric Bedser

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll go for Uncle and Nephew Bill and John Edrich so that's

JH Edrich
WJ Edrich
WG Grace
EM Grace
JT Tyldesley
GE Tyldesley
S Jones
IJ Jones

archie mac

International Coach
I think we were supposed to be up before Dale, but it doesn't matter - as we're taking cousins Conrad Hunte and Colin Croft

CC Hunte
GS Chappell
AD Nourse
AW Nourse
IM Chappell
Imran Khan
CEH Croft

Majid Khan
Jamee99 make sure we get a keeper, one more bowler and Bradman:ph34r:

Noble One

Yes it is Nufan's turn. Although I believe his 24 hours have passed so Michael is free to make his turn.

Up to the really interesting stage now, everyone attempting to get team balance right. I seem to be changing my hypothetical team after every turn as the player pool diminishes.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yes it is Nufan's turn. Although I believe his 24 hours have passed so Michael is free to make his turn.

Up to the really interesting stage now, everyone attempting to get team balance right. I seem to be changing my hypothetical team after every turn as the player pool diminishes.
Ha, yeah. Really agnosing over at least three familial combos for my next choice. Almost hope someone else chooses one of them to take decision away from me.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was going to go Hunte and Croft but have decided on the Benaud's John and Richie.

3 George Headley
4 Ranjitsinhji
5 Duleepsinhji
8 Richard Hadlee
9 Richie Benaud
11 Dean Headley

Walter Hadlee, John Benaud.

Last edited:

Noble One

I was going to go Hunte and Croft but have decided on the Benaud's John and Richie.

3 George Headley
4 Ranjitsinhji
5 Duleepsinhji
8 Richard Hadlee
9 Richie Benaud
11 Dean Headley

Walter Hadlee, John Benaud.
Good selection. I was looking towards Richie as my all-rounder, John was very unlucky not to have more of a test career.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good selection. I was looking towards Richie as my all-rounder, John was very unlucky not to have more of a test career.
Yeah it looks like he deserved to play more for sure. If there is a SIM he'll do well with his bowling average of 6!!

RHadlee and RBenaud will likely move up one batting spot each as they are probably too good for 8 and 9.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A bit surprised that this pair hasn't been taken yet - Len Hutton and Richard Hutton.

1 Len Hutton
3 George Headley
4 Ranjitsinhji
5 Duleepsinhji
6 John Benaud
7 Richard Hutton
9 Richard Hadlee
10 Richie Benaud
11 Dean Headley

What a tail..

Noble One

1. Michaelf7777777
2. Nufan
3. Fredfertang
4. Noble One
5. Boy Brumby
6. Archie mac/ Jamee999
7. Stumpski

Fredfertang. Running down the list currently.

Noble One

Two test cricketers who if given a longer run on the international scene, would have ended legends of each respective nation.

Career focused New Zealander John F Reid and his cousin injury plagued Australian Bruce Reid.

Team so far

1 Gary Kirsten
2 Peter Kirsten
3 Andy Flower
4 John F Reid
5 Clive Lloyd
9 Lance Gibbs
10 Alec Bedser
11 Bruce Reid

13 Grant Flower
14 Eric Bedser

So a batsman, a bowler and an all-rounder is all that I require. Depending on how the next few draft turns go, it will determine who my last "super" selection ends up being.

stumpski

International Captain
:-O I never knew David Murray was the son of Everton Weekes! It doesn't mention it on either man's Cricinfo profile; has this information only recently come to light?