• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in England

King Pietersen

International Captain
Can't say this often when Owais Shah's been involved in a partnership, but the running between these 2 has been nothing short of excellent. They've looked busy, they've taken on the fielders and manipulated the gaps perfectly. Really has been a superb partnership between 2 guys who were under pressure before this game, very pleasing to watch. The bowling has been incredibly ordinary though, would be criminal if we don't make 300+.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The bowling has been very ordinary though, must be said.
Wish you'd coached me as a kid mate. Instead it was my grandfather, from the old school which pre-dated the notion of always having to encourage kids. When we bowled and fielded about half as badly as this lot (we were under 12s), he described our effort as "borderline ********".

I think we can take "borderline" out when describing this "effort" today. Like watching surgery being performed without anaesthetic.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Can't say this often when Owais Shah's been involved in a partnership, but the running between these 2 has been nothing short of excellent. They've looked busy, they've taken on the fielders and manipulated the gaps perfectly. Really has been a superb partnership between 2 guys who were under pressure before this game, very pleasing to watch. The bowling has been incredibly ordinary though, would be criminal if we don't make 300+.
I wouldn't be so effusive in my praise, they've done the job against some truly sh*te bowling (at least one 4 ball an over) and appalling fielding (that Shah 6 should have been a catch, but the fielder was nowhere near it because of a schoolboy error). IMO this is bad for England long run, no way is prior good enough to bat at 3 against the top sides, but he'll play there or no.4 now on the back of this innings.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Wish you'd coached me as a kid mate. Instead it was my grandfather, from the old school which pre-dated the notion of always having to encourage kids. When we bowled and fielded about half as badly as this lot (we were under 12s), he described our effort as "borderline ********".

I think we can take "borderline" out when describing this "effort" today. Like watching surgery being performed without anaesthetic.
I had coaches like your grandad too, it's the only way to coach kids once they're past a certain level IMO, they've got to have high expectations of themselves.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Worst thing that could happen is for these two to prolong their absolute mediocrity in the England ODI side by feasting on a bowling and fielding performance that would shame an associate nation.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Worst thing that could happen is for these two to prolong their absolute mediocrity in the England ODI side by feasting on a bowling and fielding performance that would shame an associate nation.
... far better for Prior to fail and allow the unalloyed quality that is Phil Mustard to return...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
... far better for Prior to fail and allow the unalloyed quality that is Phil Mustard to return...
As far as ODIs go I don't care whether it's Mustard, Davies, Foster or Collingwood who takes the gloves. As long it isn't that bloody donkey it will be an improvement.

King Pietersen

International Captain
What a stroke, that's how to deal with a free-hit. Woeful delivery from Taylor on a free hit though, his one earlier in the day was far better.

Shah gone trying to play another big expansive stroke. End of a very nice innings from Shah, superb partnership between him and Prior.

Howsie

International Captain
What a stroke, that's how to deal with a free-hit. Woeful delivery from Taylor on a free hit though, his one earlier in the day was far better.

Shah gone trying to play another big expansive stroke. End of a very nice innings from Shah, superb partnership between him and Prior.
Shah should Ross Taylor more, thats not how you play that shot. :laugh:

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
I reckon Shah's not too bad, but prior is awful behind the stumps and is useless against quality in front of them.