• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2009

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Not looking too good now - 117/7, and Durham 160/5. To quote the relevant words from the 10cc song, "I don't like cricket."

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Chuffed to bits. Thanks Durham, you've done us a favour.

What a turvy-topsy season for Sussex. Runners-up in one limited-overs competition, winners of the other two, and abject relegation in the one that matters. On balance, I think I'd give up those 2 titles for Championship survival. But they do help the medicine go down.

Not sure if there's a cartwheel emoticon. Consider it deployed.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do you know if Chawla will be continuing as Sussex's overseas next year Zaremba?
I'm sure that him bowling against some of the line ups in Division 2 will make for good viewing from your perspective :p

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know, tbh. I will try to find out. I would love him to sign again, although our fast bowling cupboard is pretty bare and our home-grown seamers will be even older in 2010 than they are already, so a signing in that department is sorely needed.

Jarquis

Hmm, fair point. I love Chawla so, like you, would love to see him sign again but a top quality fast bowler is of much more use to you.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't get me wrong - I really want him to sign. I think that in the Championship a quality spinner is a more valuable player than any other, because they can take wickets on any surface and can be asked to bowl ridiculous numbers of overs. Pushy can also thrash it around with the bat. And he doesn't look like being picked by India any time soon. He will propel us back to Div 1 - Insh'Allah (as we used to say on the South Coast).

Jarquis

So you think Sussex will be better of with an average pace attack and Pushy. Rather than an average/good pace attack + Rayner. If so then Pushy's your man. Such a legend :wub:

Pothas

BBC sport have done their county team of the year
1.Michael Di Venuto (Durham)
2.Marcus Trescothick (Somerset)
3.Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire)
4,Mark Ramprakash (Surrey)
5,James Taylor (Leicestershire)
6.Andrew Hall (Northants)
7.Chris Read (Nottinghamshire)
8.Steve Harmison (Durham)
9.Graham Onions (Durham)
10.Danish Kaneria (Essex)
11.Charl Willoughby (Somerset)

Would have liked to have seen Carberry in the but cannot really argue with the choice of openers in that side, Blackwell probably deserves a spot as well.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No Ian Blackwell has to be some kind of bad joke. Maybe they didn't want to have four Durham players in there, but he has almost as many wickets as Steve Harmison (at a similar average) and bucketloads of crucial runs too. I'm not saying Harmy doesn't deserve his place, because he's been awesome for Durham, but it shows you just how dire the non-selection of Blackwell really is.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Harmy's recent form has been pretty poor (going off memory, so will probably statistically be proven wrong, but whatever), it must be said.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's got piles of wickets at a good average IIRC, but Blackwell has too, on top of his 800+ runs @ 40+. Seriously, he's been the player of the season, or at worst it's a toss-up between him and Onions. Can't believe he's been left out.