• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BattleField (Battle of the Fielding)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
See what I did there :dry:

Anyway, nominate upto two pieces of fielding (catch, runout, stop etc).

Rules
Normal Battle rules apply
Each person can second 3 pieces of fielding
The nomination must include a link to a short non-compilation video clip
The aim is 16 nominated and seconded entries (though this can be adjusted)

Ill start

Jonty running out Inzi

Colingwood catching Hayden

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That Darren Gough one down at third man a few years back where he nearly knocks himself out.

Is there any footage of Colin Bland in action, I wonder.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steve Waugh behind the sightscreen catch:
YouTube - Steve Waugh classic catch

M Waugh catches Laxman off Miller at Chennai 2001 - if for nothing else but the look of disbelief on Laxman's face
YouTube - Mark Waugh Great Catch in chennai

AB catches J Reid off Dave Gilbert, Gabba 85-86 - a precursor to the Strauss catch, only better coz it was AB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppj3ShSyUoY

And two I haven't been able to find footage of were Roger Harper running out Gooch when the latter played a ball down the pitch to him and didn't have time to turn and get back before being run out, and Harper catching Dean Jones at third slip of Patrick Patterson at the MCG in 88-89 in a test - ball came off the back of Jones bat as he went to glance it, went low right to Harper and he took it about 1 cm off the ground.

Lastly, in 1979-80 (1st post-Packer year in Australia) Ian Botham took an unbelieveable caught and bowled off Alvin K in an ODI where it was smashed back over his head, he knocked it up (not unusual for Sir Ian :naughty:) and spun in his follow through, dived full length on the pitch and took it. Alvin walked off clapping the catch.

Edit: found footage of the Botham one - it's catch 2 in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VbLRUtitdE

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Sinclair catch. Cbf finding it on Youtube, but everyone knows the one.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
John Dyson catching Sylvester Clarke off Bruce Yardley in 81/82 - the first "classic" catch I can ever remember seeing live on TV, and still my favourite.