• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What I love about CricketWeb...

Bees

U19 12th Man
...is that most of the posters here are happy to give credit where credit is due, even if it's directed towards the opposing team.

Can't find that in many other places on the net, it seems.

As I said in the AUS v RSA thread, you should try hopping over to Cricinfo's Facebook page. Shocker, that.

krkode

State Captain
True that. I think, for the most part, people who visit CricketWeb are cricket fans first and foremost and India/England/Australia/etc. team fans after that. We can appreciate good cricket when we see it, even if our team is on the receiving end.

Bees

U19 12th Man
Mmm, great point! National pride generally won't bring folks to join forums... well, not the sports types anyway. :p

inbox24

International Debutant
I like CricketWeb because there is an absence of highly nationalistic Indian fans who post dribble like at Planetcricket.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, CW has a high good bloke/penis ratio. Sadly whilst the latter are few in number, some of their ranks are quite prolific.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, CW has a high good bloke/penis ratio. Sadly whilst the latter are few in number, some of their ranks are quite prolific.
Every good bloke should have a penis.

Oops - I've just confirmed myself in the latter category with this post.

bagapath

International Captain
let me also join the back scratching since no one is handing out awards for us being the most dignified posters on the net.

i think CW is good because nothing happens here that would encourage indecent language or aggressive behavior towards others. the moderators are strict and fair. many of the posters are very knowlegable. the others who cant write so well, i am one of them, like to read and learn from people of different cultures appreciating the same sport. i hope james makes good money from this (or at least doesnt lose any) and keeps the site going.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i have to say.. cricketweb changed me alot.. before i was one of those baise people who couldn't bear any negative comments about my favorite cricket team.. now it doesn't bother me and also i have learned to watch and appreciate other countries cricket too..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm in America, and this is the only place I can have a discussion about cricket. I've started playing cricket recently, and most other players are into the T20 or just don't care about any of it.

This is the last great fort of cricket against the onslaught of ODI/T20, where when someone is talking about a player, it is assumed that you're talking about Tests, unless otherwise specified. It's awesome. I'm sad to say that before I came here, I didn't have an appreciation for other sporting cultures or much knowledge about venues and teams, especially Australian, Pakistani, or English. That gain in knowledge and appreciation alone has been worth it. I can put a performance, a match, or a player into a much broader perspective, both in a contemporary way, and historically, and it's been a fantastic learning experience.

Plus, I don't think I've changed my mind so much on so many issues related to so many things before, and since I joined (only two years ago), it's been a huge change in the way I view the game.

Last edited:

krkode

State Captain
I'm in America, and this is the only place I can have a discussion about cricket. I've started playing cricket recently, and most other players are into the T20 or just don't care about any of it.
This is pretty much what brought me to CW in the first place. And I am pretty much surrounded 24/7 by people who know very little about cricket. So this is my outlet to having a neat discussion about my favorite game!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
True that. I think, for the most part, people who visit CricketWeb are cricket fans first and foremost and India/England/Australia/etc. team fans after that. We can appreciate good cricket when we see it, even if our team is on the receiving end.
Yeah, the hometown-biased types are pretty rare on CW.n. 'Tis an excellent thing.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is pretty much what brought me to CW in the first place. And I am pretty much surrounded 24/7 by people who know very little about cricket. So this is my outlet to having a neat discussion about my favorite game!
Same here. I don't have many friends with an interest in cricket, and none with an interest that comes anywhere near the extent of mine.