• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really floats my cricketing boat?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Jeremy Coney
Don't always agree with his views but he is a gun analyser for mine. Puts his point across well, funny without coming across as a ****.. Could teach some others in the trade for mine..

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Two mates making runs, while you sit there talking dross with 8 other mates

No other sport in the world where you can do it, for six hours.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Kumar Sangakkara

Gun batsman. Gun columnist. Gun bloke.

My Aussie boys could do with more like him.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

No other sport in the world where you can do it, for six hours.
Yeah. A bit past the "six hours" now, but even two or three hours is pretty bloody good.

Also, Iain O'Brien floats my boat. :wub:

Penguinissimo

U19 12th Man
Kumar Sangakkara

Gun batsman. Gun columnist. Gun bloke.

My Aussie boys could do with more like him.
I'm afraid he'll never recover in my eyes from the strap-line to his first Cricinfo column - it ran something like "Kumar Sangakkara has played x Tests and x ODIs for Sri Lanka and is one of the most literate cricketers in the world."

Yes, mate.

Redbacks

International Captain
1) Seeing a batsman's middle or off stump knocked out of the ground!

2) A decent bouncer, not one that flies aimlessly over the batters head, and then the ensuing delivery to test the batters footwork coming forward again.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
1) Seeing a batsman's middle or off stump knocked out of the ground!
Haven't done that since I was 13. These days I play on grounds where stumps are properly anchored!

FTR, I actually enjoy taking a caught-and-bowled more than knocking the stumps over too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, whenever the opportunity arises (sadly not very often) I love that.

Is especially good when you've already done your 3 hours in the field first, have enjoyed a good tea and can know you've a very good chance of not even having to pad-up never mind bat.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, it's the way things are. Always annoying when someone says "well you normally like him so how can you say he's wrong just because he disagrees with you here?"

Absolutely logic-baffling.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
A left field answer but nothing made me as exited for a game as dropping my kit of in the changing rooms, getting drunk in town and then sleeping under the covers on the pitch. No better way to wake up ready for a game.

Chubb

International Regular
Being "In" when batting- 30 or so runs under your belt, ball coming out of the middle, confidence flowing, feeling like you can play any delivery they bowl at you.

Scoring a fifty in a win and buying a jug at the bar afterwards- satisfaction can't taste sweeter.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm afraid he'll never recover in my eyes from the strap-line to his first Cricinfo column - it ran something like "Kumar Sangakkara has played x Tests and x ODIs for Sri Lanka and is one of the most literate cricketers in the world."

Yes, mate.
Studying undergraduate law, and speaks 3 languages... immediately puts him above your Lehmann's, Ponting's and Harbhajan's...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Walking out and seeing a really flat deck.

This only really applies to those of us who spend 99% of the season playing on absolute minefields.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Learning to bowl the inswinger having been able to bowl nothing but outswing all your life.

Hope I can actually learn to bowl it properly, regularly and whenever I want to now.