• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All-time best beards

Craig

World Traveller
Which cricketer or indeed cricketers has the best beard/s in Test cricket? Hashim Amla for mine.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Beefy circa 1981 iirc.

There's been quite a few Englishmen in my time - apart from Botham, 'Ayatollah' Brearley, Gatting, Willey, Old, Hendrick & Gooch all spring immediately to mind.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Beefy circa 1981 iirc.

There's been quite a few Englishmen in my time - apart from Botham, 'Ayatollah' Brearley, Gatting, Willey, Old, Hendrick & Gooch all spring immediately to mind.

EDIT
Plus Panesar, of course. And I think Fowler was sporting one when he made that double-ton in India. I'm struggling for a bearded test keeper. Humpage played a few ODIs, so he may have to do. Throw in WG, and there's an English international bearded XI. I thank you .....

G.I.Joe

International Coach
nah to Anwar or Grace. Beards are like silicone implants. Bigger isn't necessarily better.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Matt Hayden had an impressive beard many moons ago, resembled Tom Hanks circa Philadelphia.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
The Sikh's do not come out well in this contest. Monty's is ever so slightly but ever so critically too bushy and Harbhajan's is just lame.