• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players Who Should Give Up On Playing Test Cricket

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I was reading the preview for the Test between India and England, and in the team selection part it said that if Shah isn't selected for this game, he should give up any hope of adding to his two Test caps so far. Fair point I think.

The bloke made his debut in 2005 I believe, has been one of the best batsmen in the domestic scene for a while and his competitors - Bell and Collingwood haven't done anythnig to really cement their selves in the team. You could also add Strauss somewhat to those two.

Others: Casson. Selected for the Windies tour. Did moderately well. Dropped for India. Wasn't re-selected when McGain pulled out. White selected in front of him. Not selected when Krejza pulled out of the Gabba Test. He is well down the queue now. Krejza, Hauritz, White and McGain seem to be all in front of him.

Hoggard, alike Shah, he is pushing on in the age stakes. Maybe he can make a suprise comeback during the Ashes, but England seem to have some sort of stability - Anderson, Broad, Harmison, Flintoff and you'd assume that Sidebottom once fit would be an inclusion in the team.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
yeah, Shah debuted in India 06, played well, got one other chance when Vaughan was injured, fell in single figures both times, goodnight Vienna

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Daren Powell - you're a stain on cricketing society after the most childish thing I've seen on a cricket field in years.

susudear

Banned
Ricky Pontring and Matheww Hayden

Both are past their prime. It is better for Australia if they retire soon. :laugh: 8-)

susudear

Banned
3 Marshalls.

Yeah, Marshall the talented one went to county cricket leaving his home country :huh: . The other one is a tosher. :@

Xavier Marshall also should not play tests.8-)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Casson has fallen so far from grace, he was 12th man for NSW this game behind Hauritz.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
yeah, Shah debuted in India 06, played well, got one other chance when Vaughan was injured, fell in single figures both times, goodnight Vienna
& yet Bell seems immune to concerns about his place, regardless of actual output.

It's to Shah's credit he hasn't had a very public whinge about it, because it must piss him off.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This wont be a popular choice but if I were Rahul Dravid, I'd seriously be considering my future

Great player, century in his last innings BUT his technique has deteriorated markedly and I saw nothing in yesterday's innings to suggest that he has turned the corner

The guy may go on to score several thousand more runs but I think it's just as likely that the downward spiral will continue

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Noffke for mine. If he wasn't selected after arguably one of the best domestic seasons in recent history, he never will be.