• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Lewis charged with drug smuggling

DingDong

State Captain
quite sad. with patrick patterson, andy roberts and qasim omar already caught with drugs on them (coke. not marijuana as in the case of the pak team in early 90s) i can imagine an alltime drug peddler's xi coming up soon. if convicted, lewis is likely to serve not less than 4 years behind bars anywhich way you look at it. stupid bastard. cant he be happy with the coaching salary he is getting? i would be. and i would be proud too.
Also, Didn't they catch Maninder Singh with some coke a couple of years ago?

bagapath

International Captain
No mention of Patterson or Roberts. Have to admit bagapath's post was the first I'd heard of either having difficulties with drugs.
Patterson is apparently broke and almost begging for food. He is supposed to be looking for a fix all the time. He makes a living by selling drugs to tourists. And buys more drugs for himself with whatever little profit he makes.

Andy Roberts was caught with coke in his fishing boat a few years ago. Some high level intervention prevented his imprisonment. It was around this time we were told Mike Holding was relying on his gas station for a living, post retirement, before the commentating job could take care of his financial needs.

I hope some west indian forum member tells me these are false storiess. But I fear they are more likely to true.

I am very happy there are millions enjoying ICL and IPL so that these sportsmen dont have to resort to such ****ty methods to make a living (for the record, running a gas station is a very honorable profession, even working in one is respectable). I am not a twenty20 fan at all. But if the sport can pay these guys back somehow, then it would only inspire more kids to turn to cricket as a profession.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not wanting to get into an argument that will be blown out of proportion, but perhaps this is the reason why people find you so difficult to argue with, because you can't understand other peoples opinions and points of view.

Drug-taking occurs for any number of reasons Rich, as I'm sure you'll know. A bit of understanding towards other people wouldn't go amiss ;)
As I say - I understand some, but not all. I'm well aware of the reasons for drug-taking in many different cases - I just completely disagree that there is any good reasoning for it.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ITSTL.

I trust you have tried that theory? :ph34r:
Seems a far more sensible way of smuggling drugs than simply hiding them in a tin.

Though I'm lead to beleive that heroin balloons are pretty high-risk.

Craig

World Traveller
Seems a far more sensible way of smuggling drugs than simply hiding them in a tin.

Though I'm lead to beleive that heroin balloons are pretty high-risk.
That maybe so, but I couldn't for the life of mine imagine how awakward it would be having to walk around and sit down with something shoved up one's arse :mellow:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah, heard the odd few bits and pieces about how common cocaine-taking is among cricketers.

Though TBF, it's ridiculously common among many types. I just cannot understand it. I made the decision at the age of 6 or 7 years old that I was never touching the stuff (or heroin, LSD, speed etc. either) and I've never wavered from that. Why anyone would want to is simply beyond me.
I've always found Crystal Meth to be a danger.. So glad I stuck to Baby Rice instead..

GGG

State Captain
Yeah, heard the odd few bits and pieces about how common cocaine-taking is among cricketers.

Though TBF, it's ridiculously common among many types. I just cannot understand it. I made the decision at the age of 6 or 7 years old that I was never touching the stuff (or heroin, LSD, speed etc. either) and I've never wavered from that. Why anyone would want to is simply beyond me.
Tried them all except heroin, loads of fun, why anyone wouldn't try anything once (within reason) is beyond me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What's "within reason"?

One man's (or, perhaps more accurately around here, woman's) reason is another's idiocy.

Frankly, I did E once, a good few years ago, on the "advice" of my girlfriend of the time, and it was the stupidest thing I've ever done in my life.

Langeveldt

Soutie
What's "within reason"?

One man's (or, perhaps more accurately around here, woman's) reason is another's idiocy.

Frankly, I did E once, a good few years ago, on the "advice" of my girlfriend of the time, and it was the stupidest thing I've ever done in my life.
I refuse to believe that you have ever taken ecstacy.. You sure they weren't skittles?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, absolutely certain of it.

Has the matter really not come-up in conversation between the two of us so much as once before?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I refuse to believe that you have ever taken ecstacy.. You sure they weren't skittles?
"Skittles" are a quite notorious type of E found in Belfast. One charming chav once assured me that, "if yer ever gona do drugs... don't be doin skuttles! everyone who's taken em 'as died wifin a week."

Quite intrigued by Rich's experience though. Why the awfulness?

GGG

State Captain
"Skittles" are a quite notorious type of E found in Belfast. One charming chav once assured me that, "if yer ever gona do drugs... don't be doin skuttles! everyone who's taken em 'as died wifin a week."

Quite intrigued by Rich's experience though. Why the awfulness?
Most likely cut to ****.