• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Lewis charged with drug smuggling

Precambrian

Banned
Yeah, heard the odd few bits and pieces about how common cocaine-taking is among cricketers.

Though TBF, it's ridiculously common among many types. I just cannot understand it. I made the decision at the age of 6 or 7 years old that I was never touching the stuff (or heroin, LSD, speed etc. either) and I've never wavered from that. Why anyone would want to is simply beyond me.
You are special.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not wanting to get into an argument that will be blown out of proportion, but perhaps this is the reason why people find you so difficult to argue with, because you can't understand other peoples opinions and points of view.

Drug-taking occurs for any number of reasons Rich, as I'm sure you'll know. A bit of understanding towards other people wouldn't go amiss ;)
Disagree there are no reasons for drugs, plenty of excuses though.

(Not including medicine etc.)

Though I include alcohol in the no reasons but plenty of excuses category, and I drink so not really throwing eggs or anything here.

DingDong

State Captain
Chris Lewis is a fool. Everybody knows, you either have to swallow balloons or at the very least, put them up your bumhole.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Disagree there are no reasons for drugs, plenty of excuses though.

(Not including medicine etc.)

Though I include alcohol in the no reasons but plenty of excuses category, and I drink so not really throwing eggs or anything here.
Agree totally.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
He'd have gotten away with it if it wasnt for those pesky kids!! :@

Maybe he thought they would never search someone 'famous'. It will be interesting to hear more about this as it progresses, if only to see if he is / was a dealer or if he was just muling for someone else for cash.

We should watch whats said on here though, until (if) he's found guilty im sure liable still counts :P

Xuhaib

International Coach
Wouldn't surprise me if Asif's name somehow get involved in this, where there is drugs that fool is surely some where around

bagapath

International Captain
quite sad. with patrick patterson, andy roberts and qasim omar already caught with drugs on them (coke. not marijuana as in the case of the pak team in early 90s) i can imagine an alltime drug peddler's xi coming up soon. if convicted, lewis is likely to serve not less than 4 years behind bars anywhich way you look at it. stupid bastard. cant he be happy with the coaching salary he is getting? i would be. and i would be proud too.

Precambrian

Banned
quite sad. with patrick patterson, andy roberts and qasim omar already caught with drugs on them (coke. not marijuana as in the case of the pak team in early 90s) i can imagine an alltime drug peddler's xi coming up soon. if convicted, lewis is likely to serve not less than 4 years behind bars anywhich way you look at it. stupid bastard. cant he be happy with the coaching salary he is getting? i would be. and i would be proud too.
The XI is already up.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/263383.html

Craig

World Traveller
Cricinfo is right ahead